Fuck Reverb

7 Stringer

I bought a Boss EQ200 on Reverb yesterday morning, paid on the spot. I receive a refund from the guy tonight, around 7 PM or so, says he sold it locally and he is sorry for the incovenience. He contacted Reverb and they authorized the refund???? WTF!!! I bought it first, while it was an active auction. Your bid or commitment to buy is a contract..... Pffff........When you hit the buy button and go through all the details and close the deal, IT IS DONE. Just like a handshake, in my book...

What is this bullshit?

Am i overreacting or what?

I am angry about it.

Depends how he told the story to Reverb. If he listed it, sold it locally and forgot to end the listing, which allowed you to "buy" it, that seems to be a reasonable explanation.

However, if you bought it first and then he decided to sell it locally after, that would be an issue. But more info is needed on how it went down.

I'm assuming the first scenario is more likely.

If he forgot, not my problem, really. Not trying to be an ass here.

He had two listings going, Kijiji and reverb. If you sell it first on one site, delete the ad right away. Kijiji is like Craigslist, so no fees or contracts or nothing, all good if this would be the case. But with Reverb, it is an auction site, they charge fees and are a business. Honor your sale. Refuse the refund, simple. Offer a rain check? Whatever.

Don't forget, not hours later, but more than 24 hours later. He was probably waiting till the deal was done before cancelling my buy. Chasing two rabbits..... Wrong.

BS in my book.

Hey man, I can totally understand that is a frustrating situation, and I agree the seller should be obligated once you purchase. At the same time, getting super pissed about it ain't worth the stress IMO. I'd say in the end, it's the nature of buying from an individual...more room for shadiness. Not excusable but meh, at least you're not out any cash on the deal. Cheers bro.

I had an item sell on another site with two buyers PM'ing me an "I'll take it" at the very same time stamp. I felt like I had to sell to the one that was higher in my PM queue, even though they both had the exact same time stamp. The other guys was pissed, didn't believe me. I sent him a screenshot, but still felt bad about it. I obviously should have held out for more money.

7 Stringer":3gr4wr09 said:

He had two listings going, Kijiji and reverb. If you sell it first on one site, delete the ad right away. Kijiji is like Craigslist, so no fees or contracts or nothing, all good if this would be the case. But with Reverb, it is an auction site, they charge fees and are a business. Honor your sale. Refuse the refund, simple. Offer a rain check? Whatever.

Don't forget, not hours later, but more than 24 hours later. He was probably waiting till the deal was done before cancelling my buy. Chasing two rabbits..... Wrong.

BS in my book.

So....if he had honestly sold it locally and forgot to delete the ad, what is he supposed to do? Ship you something he doesn't have anymore?

I agree, it's frustrating but things happen in life and we sometimes forget. Sounds to me that you're not going to be satisfied with the result no matter what the circumstances are. And in that case asking for our opinions is pretty futile.

Meeotch":qfsvpspc said:
Hey man, I can totally understand that is a frustrating situation, and I agree the seller should be obligated once you purchase. At the same time, getting super pissed about it ain't worth the stress IMO. I'd say in the end, it's the nature of buying from an individual...more room for shadiness. Not excusable but meh, at least you're not out any cash on the deal. Cheers bro.

Yeah, your right, got my money back. Still sucks on the deal but in the end, i m even.

So all good.

Just had to rant a bit.... :yes:

RedPlated":2qr3gu1q said:
7 Stringer":2qr3gu1q said:

BS in my book.

So....if he had honestly sold it locally and forgot to delete the ad, what is he supposed to do? Ship you something he doesn't have anymore?

I agree, it's frustrating but things happen in life and we sometimes forget. Sounds to me that you're not going to be satisfied with the result no matter what the circumstances are. And in that case asking for our opinions is pretty futile.

Well when you sell something, you immediately know it is sold, you just made the deal in person, you can't forget that fast? Cancel your auction. I always do. Not more than 24 hours later.

Reverb should not allow the refund, use that money and get THE customer THE item HE bought. That is honest business.but alas, it is not the case.

I am fine now, i am over it. Just had to vent it off.....

Sun was nice today huh? :LOL: :LOL:

RedPlated":28rfao2k said:
Btw, is that the new digital Boss EQ that came out recently? I wanted to get one too...

Yeah it is..........was....lost....

Was really excited too. Was saving over a $100 from new, no more.

Really nice EQ, looking for one now.

Had a similar sale go down on Reverb and it pissed me off. Contacted the seller to negotiate through Reverb and he accepted my offer, I went to pay and was getting errors. Contacted the seller through Reverb and he said something along the lines of "Oh...there must be something wrong with with Reverb's pay system, let me try deleting the listing, relisting, and you can try again". The listing then showed as sold. Son of a bitch back pedaled and found a better price from somenone else. Bullshit.

That's happened a time or two to me as well. Don't mind it at all as long as I get my money back. I have a different beef with reverb sellers. I've had two different sellers ship a pedal by slipping into a non-padded envelope. No box. No padding. Nothing. I kid you not. :gethim:

Those sellers get a 1 star review from me. I swear.....WTF is wrong with people?

MetalHeadMike":389vbu4b said:
Had a similar sale go down on Reverb and it pissed me off. Contacted the seller to negotiate through Reverb and he accepted my offer, I went to pay and was getting errors. Contacted the seller through Reverb and he said something along the lines of "Oh...there must be something wrong with with Reverb's pay system, let me try deleting the listing, relisting, and you can try again". The listing then showed as sold. Son of a bitch back pedaled and found a better price from somenone else. Bullshit.

Bullshit alright. But what can we do? Find another one and go at it all over again...... Waste of time.

It used to be fun buying and selling online, back in the HC days and when rig talk started. Now....... Not so fun anymore. Honest and true people are getting scarce.

slyym":28mnk833 said:
Life’s too short to be mad about a pedal.
He just wanted to vent which he did :dunno:

But yeah.

Looks like he is moving on now but as a seller, I agree that if you cast your net into multiple ponds (because the internet allows such freedom) then you should take on the added responsibility of managing your multiple offers.

I just finished a 17 day Reverb ordeal. I ordered a brand new, $2,300 Alesis drum set from an actual store through Reverb and paid immediately. The seller almost immediately sent me a message that there would be a delay because of the holiday (one day - no problem and that was expected), but that it would also be drop shipped. That's against Reverb's terms of service. Six days later after me asking for it he finally produced a tracking number which never showed even an origin scan. A day after it's scheduled delivery was missed I asked him WTF and they claim Fedex picked it up but never scanned it and the set was lost so they sent a second one. It's about a four foot square box and 148 pounds, not sure how you'd lose that. I don't know if they never shipped in the first place or if Fedex did really lose the first one, but either way the whole thing would have been avoided if they weren't listing stuff they didn't actually have in stock. It's Sweetwater for me for any big purchases in the future.

Back