FYI: Boogie MK2C spotted for sale in Massachusetts.

No EQ, No + or MB initials on the back and the serial doesn't date to a factory IIC+. It's probably not even a +. lol.

You could call Mesa and confirm it sure, but for a $12,000 price tag, the least this dealer can do is get some confirmation or do their homework.

The greatest metal amp on the planet, in any configuration suffers no foolish forumite opinions.
It’ll sell for $10.

No EQ, No + or MB initials on the back and the serial doesn't date to a factory IIC+. It's probably not even a +. lol.

You could call Mesa and confirm it sure, but for a $12,000 price tag, the least this dealer can do is get some confirmation or do their homework.
Unfortunately that’s not always true. Sometimes they can confirm and sometimes they cannot. The older the question the less likely they are able to confirm.

The greatest metal amp on the planet, in any configuration suffers no foolish forumite opinions.
It’ll sell for $10.

I had a DRG, original face plates, came with the options from the factory. Later upgraded to a +, recently serviced with all documents provided. Had it up for a while at $10. Couldn't get it. Sold it for much less. SRG too. Non Graphic EQ models are almost worthless. This amp doesn't seem to even be a +.

Unfortunately that’s not always true. Sometimes they can confirm and sometimes they cannot. The older the question the less likely they are able to confirm.

You're probably right. Even more of a reason to steer clear of this one. 🤐

12907 should absolutely be a factory C+. They started around 12500. According to the boogie board, and the factory HRG I had with the RP11 board, pull deep and a serial of 127##.
That said, I agree with others on not even considering one without EQ; unless I could play it first and it magically didn't have the honk. Price is stupid too. SRG IMO should be 4K, HRG 5K and DRG 6+ with Coliseums 7K or more.
But that's just my opinion.

Yes, but Mike isn't modding anymore (to my knowledge) and there aren't anymore C+ faceplates. Last I knew he was using Mk III faceplates, when he was modding.
But it can be done.
Was just wondering. If the amp increases so much in value, it shouldn`t be much of a deal to invest the money to get the GEQ, even if it`s like 400-500 bucks. Even the faceplate can be reproduced by lasercut etc. or the existing one can be routed for the additional GEQ slots.

12907 should absolutely be a factory C+. They started around 12500. According to the boogie board, and the factory HRG I had with the RP11 board, pull deep and a serial of 127##.
That said, I agree with others on not even considering one without EQ; unless I could play it first and it magically didn't have the honk. Price is stupid too. SRG IMO should be 4K, HRG 5K and DRG 6+ with Coliseums 7K or more.
Some of those Mark's without the GEQ have no honk to them. They're midrange heavy and a bit dark for sure but not really honky, and you can kinda dial in enough brightness with the presence and enough low end with the pull deep. There's also the option of putting a EQ in the loop, which does pretty much solve this midrange issue, but we should all know that.

Some of those Mark's without the GEQ have no honk to them. They're midrange heavy and a bit dark for sure but not really honky, and you can kinda dial in enough brightness with the presence and enough low end with the pull deep. There's also the option of putting a EQ in the loop, which does pretty much solve this midrange issue, but we should all know that.
I did hear clips of one that sounded really good; no honk and no eq in the loop. Those no eq models also have a super fast response; I had a 2C S that was super easy to play. Unnatural in a way. But it was horrible honk city. No matter how I eqd it.

I agree. Asking $5,$6-$8k for an SRG is nuts. I get the DGR/Coliseum fetching more. People just trying to take advantage of others. Maybe because they were also taken advantage of, i dunno. Either way, while I'd love to have another, not going to spend that much.

I just sold an SRG for around $7k and a DRG also for around $7k. Had a buddy sell his SG and HRG for $7000-7500 each a few months ago and another buddy sell/trade his HRG for the equivalent value of around $11k. Some were to big artists, some were to just regular Joes. All of them with the +, Graphic EQ, Documents and recent servicing/recaps. Prices on these are outrageous, but they're going. $10k-12k would have been achievable months ago before the Fed started fucking everyone's interest rates up. Now everyone is more concerned with surviving, these are going for around $7k no matter the model. Hell, I'm more concerned with surviving, that's why I sold mine while I could. When everything normalizes in the economy these will probably hit Dumble prices.

Back