Gary Moore

I still listen to Gary every week. He’s in my top 5 and always will be. When it comes to playing with feeling; not many were in Gary’s space.
Me too. He belongs in the top 10 greatest guitar players of all time. One of my heros.

First time I heard him was his version of Shapes Of Things. I was hooked. Bought Victims Of The Future, and his playing blew my mind. Lots of people know him as a blues guy, but his hard rock days had the shreddiest, most fiery, obnoxious, sickest licks I'd ever heard, (until I heard Andy Larocque on Abigail and Them - same goosebumps, but that neoclassical influence).

Gary Moore's death was very personal, and a sad day for me. He's still my hero, and I'm no blues player. But, he was so much more. I wish people realized how cultured he was. Jazz? A monster. Blues? A monster. Shred? A monster. Flamenco? Yep. Classical? Acoustic? Yep. He was an amazing, one of a kind individual. Nobody mastered all styles of guitar the way he did, IMO. He's one of a kind.

Me too. He belongs in the top 10 greatest guitar players of all time. One of my heros.

First time I heard him was his version of Shapes Of Things. I was hooked. Bought Victims Of The Future, and his playing blew my mind. Lots of people know him as a blues guy, but his hard rock days had the shreddiest, most fiery, obnoxious, sickest licks I'd ever heard, (until I heard Andy Larocque on Abigail and Them - same goosebumps, but that neoclassical influence).

Gary Moore's death was very personal, and a sad day for me. He's still my hero, and I'm no blues player. But, he was so much more. I wish people realized how cultured he was. Jazz? A monster. Blues? A monster. Shred? A monster. Flamenco? Yep. Classical? Acoustic? Yep. He was an amazing, one of a kind individual. Nobody mastered all styles of guitar the way he did, IMO. He's one of a kind.

I was crushed when he passed. I always hoped to see him live.

I was 15, when I bought Victims...It wasn't until Wild Frontier that I realized he was Irish. Lol. I'm 3/4 Irish and my dad had some 8 track of the "Irish Rovers" lol....I asked him if he wanted to hear an Irish rock album...he actually was impressed. The first time I spun Victims, during the lead of the title track I got goosebumps it was so good....

I was 15, when I bought Victims...It wasn't until Wild Frontier that I realized he was Irish. Lol. I'm 3/4 Irish and my dad had some 8 track of the "Irish Rovers" lol....I asked him if he wanted to hear an Irish rock album...he actually was impressed. The first time I spun Victims, during the lead of the title track I got goosebumps it was so good....
That whole album kicked ass. These solos are the sleepers..

Back