GASing for a Budda Superdrive 80

primerib

I'm primarily a metal head, but for some reason I want a Budda SD 80. It seems to have the plexi on steroids thing going on.

Please, talk me out of it. ASAP!

Alright, I'll be the bad guy.

Master volume was either off, or too loud.

Did not have that upper mid/high bite that a plexi has.

That's all I got. Everything else on that head was good. Nice clean channel, good loop, small headshell fit perfectly on top of a THD 2 X 12, never gave me any problems.

Classic":gr3xrqyq said:
BrokenFusion":gr3xrqyq said:
I had the 45 and it was ridiculously loud. I hear the 80 is worse.
It's not great for home use.

Neither is the 18! Stupid loud! I had one briefly.. I don't know what it was, but the bottom end was always too loose and flabby. Boosted, and an EQ in the loop wouldn't fix it.. I certainly don't see it as an amp metal guys would dig.

napalmdeath":1keghb7w said:
Classic":1keghb7w said:
BrokenFusion":1keghb7w said:

Neither is the 18! Stupid loud! I had one briefly.. I don't know what it was, but the bottom end was always too loose and flabby. Boosted, and an EQ in the loop wouldn't fix it.. I certainly don't see it as an amp metal guys would dig.

Yea maybe a gig at at Madison Square Garden. I found the same thing, loose and almost fuzzy sounding. Turned it around in 2 days flat. I have and have had 100 watters that are usable at reasonable levels, The Budda wasnt one of them.

BrokenFusion":ogka0wms said:
napalmdeath":ogka0wms said:
Classic":ogka0wms said:
BrokenFusion":ogka0wms said:

Yea maybe a gig at at Madison Square Garden. I found the same thing, loose and almost fuzzy sounding. Turned it around in 2 days flat. I have and have had 100 watters that are usable at reasonable levels, The Budda wasnt one of them.

My quote was taken out of context. The SD45 is fine for pub and club volumes, especially through the Phat12 speakers.

napalmdeath":21mecmmp said:
Classic":21mecmmp said:
BrokenFusion":21mecmmp said:

That was one of the reasons I got rid of the 18 , too fricking loud for home use duh. I would imagine the 80 would blow the house apart or small venue for that matter

Back