Gear goal: I think i eventually want a Friedman Ir-x and a Fender FR-12.

The reviews on the Fender FR-12s are just incredible and a great price! You better get your order placed now they are back ordered everywhere Sweetwater has them coming in the first or second week of March and my salesman said he still has spots available for orders placed now👍😉

It’s absolutely amazing the options that we have now. I think me and reaper are around the same age…when I started playing in the early eighties I thought I was doing something when I got a little martin stinger solid state amp and a rockteck delay pedal. Now it’s shocking the stuff kids have available. Even the learning resources on the interwebz. And the quality of tones are pretty amazing. I bet those would sound killer…

It’s absolutely amazing the options that we have now. I think me and reaper are around the same age…when I started playing in the early eighties I thought I was doing something when I got a little martin stinger solid state amp and a rockteck delay pedal. Now it’s shocking the stuff kids have available. Even the learning resources on the interwebz. And the quality of tones are pretty amazing. I bet those would sound killer…
It is crazy!

IRX is great piece of gear for sure. I had one it sounded great with a powerstaion or into the return of another amp. Liked it so much I went on a Friedman bender and bought a BE 100D, PT20V2, and a JEL 20. I was never big on Friedman amps before but the IRX changed my mind... And the 3 amps I bought are all capable of being much more aggro and biting than any Friedman I have owned or played before. Seems he has listened to the feedback of many who have long said his amps sound too polished and smooth. They can do that, but these amps all have plenty of teeth if you desire..... My 800, and DSL 50 are collecting dust now.

Last edited:
IRX is great piece of gear for sure. I had one it sounded great with a powerstaion or into the return of another amp. Liked it so much I went on a Friedman bender and bought a BE 100D, PT20V2, and a JEL 20. I was never big on Friedman amps before but the IRX changed my mind... And the 3 amps I bought are all capable of being much more aggro and biting than any Friedman I have owned or played before. Seems he has listened to the feedback of many who have long said his amps sound too polished and smooth. They can do that, but these amps all have plenty of teeth if you desire..... My 800, and DSL 50 are collecting dust now.
I had a PT20V2 and have a JJ Jr. that my stepson uses. I love the Friedman tone. I'd still have my PT20V2 but would rather use solid state amps for gigs. Dave Friedman has a great ear for the hars rock tones I just happen to dig.

Back