Genz Benz G-Flex Cab

slicepaperdavid

Anybody still using one? Super interesting design, I’ve always wanted to get one of these and finally have one en route! Running a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce boosted with a Pepers Dirty Tree and HM2 style blender pedal into it and can’t wait to report back with the results.

I've had them forever. Literally the only cab I've ever owned so my opinion wont be all that valuable but I love them.

Had a few over the years. I found the stock speakers to sound very, very stiff unless opened up to ear bleeding volumes. Ran Wizards and Lynchbacks briefly. Imrprovement, but I don't think they sounded their best in that particular cab due to the heavy bottom end you naturally get. Granted back then I was trying to emulate George Lynch's rig back when he was using them, so that style isn't really the best for the G Flex cabs IMO. Or maybe it was just me lol

I love the 212’s and think they are just as good as the Mesa Recto cabs. I currently have a 412 and it is a cab I won’t ever let go. I will have another 212 again.

I had one years ago.
Killer cab.
Mine had GL's sig on it. Is that how they came or was there a non signature one?

at one time I was short on cabs and I ran a jvm and a vh4 in stereo with the gflex. it worked. loud bedroom volume was fine.

What’s the going price for one of these? There’s one local-ish to me for $250, but the tolex looks like absolute dog shit. I don’t particularly care what the exterior looks like, but I don’t want to pay too much if they usually go for that price in good shape.

Back