George Lynch WTF?

I think that too... but I just looked this up and actually, not as bad as I thought. It could have been interesting if he stuck to the script every night and didn't just go off the rails. Way better than Gillis.

Sorry, that solo falls way short of Randy’s. Randy’s solo is a work of art. A composition within a composition. It’s memorable long after the song is over. George’s solo, while cool and has some interesting moments, doesn’t crescendo or climax. It’s noodling.

Sorry, that solo falls way short of Randy’s. Randy’s solo is a work of art. A composition within a composition. It’s memorable long after the song is over. George’s solo, while cool and has some interesting moments, doesn’t crescendo or climax. It’s noodling.
I liked the middle solo... the end was a bit bland. Yes I agree overall would not have fit the gig. Especially a whole set.

A composition within a composition.

You nailed it.

Amazing how so many years later the riffs are still vivid in so many player's minds.
The track can randomly come on the car radio and you start hearing most of the solo
in your head long before the song even gets to it.

And it could have been years since you last heard it!

He just looks old and tired. Low testosterone saps the drive right out of you. Once you start up with testosterone replacement, you're stuck with it for life. Smoking and drinking kicks-up your adrenaline, but if you don't either, you're screwed. They should legalize cocaine. :cool:

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed Lynch's improvisations skills, but he was really searching there... seemed like his fingers were not doing what his mind was telling them to do or vice versa.

I imagine arthritis is setting in with his decades of aggressive neck wringing high fretboard pressure style that he has always played with.

When the guy is on... he is always amazing.

He's GL. He get's a pass. And has about 50 other passes waiting to use.

Someone said his is 70! WTF!
70 + alcohol + weed + who knows what else ... or he might have been having a senior moment... it happens.

Improv for sure but it seems like the drummer was having a very hard time following George. Kind of hard to play such a know and iconic song and then the have the guitarist pull a complete improv of the song that was all over the place and didn't follow anything.
This is on point.
I'm a drummer by nature more then a guitarist so I know what you mean & I immediately picked up on that.
I put this on in my monitor system and jammed on drums with it.
1st thing right outta the cannon is:

He took the "chunky" route.
There's much individual picking in the chords and use of space after chords and those biting notes need to breath.

I still think a wiggle stick would have added more variation, sauce and less chunk.
But, they made it through the song and it worked.

I'd rather see him jammin' up there then sitting down like a gear salesman demoing a guitar & an amp.
F-it! KEEP JAMMIN'!!

Here's Lynch jammin' some more...he also says some really nice things about music & being on stage. He mentions he hasn't been on stage and was nervous to even perform. He said 15 months ago was the last time he's played with other musicians.

That's true too. He sort of has a set template of chord progressions or things that he solos well over. Things that have a tempo that groove or that are familiar. Doesn't always do so well on the improv side covering other people's music. I often wonder if that was the issue with Ozzy as well. He was on fire back then and an incredible player but this sort of spazzy playing didn't really work over the sort of straight ahead and minor lick style Randy was known for.
Part of the Ozzy issue was that George cant read music
As other said when he is in his zone playing over his rythms and chord changes he can be great but often he is just shooting for the fences
And really just does whatever
He needs gain for his style if you are doing legato tapping finger slide vibrato you need sustain
He just has to be honest w himself
Its like giving Mario Andretti a modded VW instead of his Ferrari and putting him on the track

After watching more from that night.
Now it makes more sense.
I didn't realize it was like an all out off
the cuff jam.
In that case, that was cool.
But that's always a crapshoot for any musician regardless of talent.
I get it, I heard some of those those licks but hey man, that may very well be the ole' "tension & release".
But ya gotta "mine the seam" if you want to
find it.
So f'it, keep digging and unfortunately, digging isn't always good until you find something.
George definitely still has got it, maybe outdated, but he's definitely still a monster.

It's great to see musicians making it happen actually.
And I bet I would have liked it more in person.
F*** video taping all the time., even then we miss the magic of being there live and vibing it with the people. LET''S ROCK!🤟

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with what I just watched other than he's a bit out of tune.. He probably improved the whole thing. Probably not his guitar and he walked on cold.. I'm sure you all could do better.. LOL

You people are a bunch of keyboard brave, Youtube watching faggots..

I don't go to shows anymore cause of all that shit.
Just save your damn ticket stub as a memory.
I remember jammin' with this shitty singer a few years ago. This fool grabbed the sweat towel from side stage of the band Vovoid. (BUTTROCK), or I call it, "drywall hangin' music"
He actually brought the towel to the jam and showed it to me.
My response was brief, "Stop doing that shit man, that's uncool creepy".

Nothing wrong with what I just watched other than he's a bit out of tune.. He probably improved the whole thing. Probably not his guitar and he walked on cold.. I'm sure you all could do better.. LOL

You people are a bunch of keyboard brave, Youtube watching faggots..
Ahem, " a bunch of keyboard brave, Youtube watching PERSONS" Such speak in the modern world is frowned upon sir! sorry, I meant, person. Or "Z" if you prefer.

Back