Get this guitar and save $48K over the Gibson Greeny Reissue

GearGasms

Doctor Love
Clickbait title? Check.
Mediocre playing video? Check.
My work here is done.
The 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard is a unicorn of a guitar that has (you guessed it!!) the Peter Green wiring setup. As well as a compound radius, asymmetrical neck carve. What? Indeed it does. Come check it out with me!
Have a mediocre weekend everyone!
alan

I have a 2016 and the 1st thing I did was dump the pc board and put in 50's wiring harness. 2nd thing i did was dump the probucker pups and replace with 36 anniversary pups. Total blanket removal on the tone. Love the asymmetrical neck myself but some others don't. Great tone with the Mark IV on the single notes however the overall distorted tone sounded like a can of bees. Peter Green out of phase tone is from a flipped magnet in the rythem pup. Wiring out of phase is different so comparing to Peter Green is incorrect. Maybe comparing to Page would be more accurate.. Pulling up the volume knobs is not coil taping as described early in the video, it's splitting the coils and there is a difference. Overall just trying to provide some clarification here. Revisit the intro to Band on the Run because it is incorrect.

Back