Getting a TOL MICA

A

Anonymous

Just scored an original TOL MICA head and wondering if anybody else has one on this board?...Maybe some insight before it lands??..Thanks!

:|::QBB:
tubesteakfortone":79013 said:
What you wanna know about them?

Oh..ya know...the usual...like how the rocktron version compares to the original. Peoples critique of the 4 channels etc...Thanks!

I think most people feel the MOD series is the best, better than the Rocktron and better than the TOL. It is Egnater's latest and greatest.

While I no longer own one, I can remember it well!
For a long time it was my favorite amp and I still wish I had one. I owned an original from before the Rocktron version but did get to breifly compare the 2 at a local store. The Egnater was smoother sounding with less fizz. Slightly warmer voicing. Could have been tubes too and this was a few years ago. Tone memory is sketchy at best.

The amp can take some time to dial in and is responsive to tube changes. The channels all compliment each other well but to my ears are all very different from each other. Some people like this, some do not. I liked the variety and the fact that say, channel 4 sounded alot different than channel 3 instead of it being channel 3 with more gain.

I would still have one but I have a MOD100 and MOD 50 on the way.
Good luck with it... You will like it.

Back