GGD Goldstack IRs + Friedman BE100 DLX | Hard rock mixtest

RoccoPezzin

Hey guys! Just uploaded a new video testing the new Goldstack cab pack from GGD, these are undoubtedly some of the best Greenback IRs I've come across!
I think I'm in love with the room mics, never really cared for those in other packs but here they sound absolutely phenomenal, there's also a quick factory presets run-through at the end of the video to give you an idea of the sound palette at your disposal. Really impressed with these cabs, hope you dig the video!

Signal chain: Charvel San Dimas (Seymour Duncan JB) -> Friedman BE100 Deluxe -> Suhr Reactive Load IR (unfiltered out) -> GGD GoldStack plugin with minimal processing inside the DAW.

A guy I know who always gets phenomenal tone recommended the GGD Goldstack recently and said it's the best IR he's used; I been meaning to check it out.

You def make it sound amazing!

Rocco, your clips always sound great and it seems you are a fantastic engineer also. What sort of minimal processing are we talking about? I have a feeling minimal processing to you is way over many of our heads.
Thanks man, it's really nothing special as you can see from the screenshots. Just a small boost in the high end and an EQ after that to tame some offensive frequencies. I could have engaged the Master EQ button in the plugin and call it a day to be honest, I'm just used to carve out those frequencies myself, it gives me a bit more control over the sound. Then it's pretty much the same process for the lead guitar, I just added some reverb and kicked in the tape delay in the chorus section, that's it!
main gtrs.png
lead fx.png

Ohhh that souns awsome and so is the playing Rocco. Your playing reminds me some Lynch style.
Thanks dude, yes George Lynch is one of my main influences, this track is definitely a nod towards the first Lynch Mob record :)
An absolutely amazing record IMO, keep the great work Rocco

Back