Gibson Flying V owners...

zz666

I was never happy with the control layout of my V, so a few months ago I swapped the tone control with the toggle switch and made the tone only for the neck pickup, also installed push pull pots on both pickups. Also after trying a bunch of pups, went back to the 500T thanks to headlessdeadguy. Also got it painted white cos I really don't like the pickguard shape of the '67 V's - prefer the '58 look and control layout.

Very happy with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 434
Cool man! I have a Gothic and a Tribal, so neither one have the knob set up like yours did stock. The Gothic version is just like a '58 V, and it's my favorite config for a V.

Count me in. I love my V even though I haven't been playing it much. It just sounds great through my JMP. Everytime I consider selling it I just can't seem to pull the trigger. I agree with the 500T. For some reason it just sounds great in this guitar.

WhiteGibsonFlyingV_zpsf8881e6f.jpg

Forgot to mention.......I like the idea of the control changes you did. The only thing I have never liked about the V is the position of the pickup selector. Your example is something I should definitely consider.

I haven't been using the V much and I decided to fix things that always annoyed me about it, Ive also considered selling a few times, cos it's never been my 'go to' guitar

Back