simpsons-speedholes.gif

Attachments

• speed-holes-simpsons.gif
    speed-holes-simpsons.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • speed-holes-simpsons.gif
    speed-holes-simpsons.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
Yikes! Pretty unsightly but I guess it did the job. Also torpedoed the resale value of course.
I prefer lighter ones myself - and even more so as I age.
My heaviest LP is just under ten lbs and gets a lot less play time than the others.

If I were seriously going to drill one out I'd probably have gone straight into the back.
At least the holes wouldn't be visible when playing.

Not that I'd consider doing that for real, you understand.
But if you wind up with one that's truly magical, only it's way too hefty...

Fucking weight weenies.

Here's a idea, if youre a pussy and can't play a guitar unless it's eXaCtLY 7 lbs 7 ounces or less, dont buy the guitar.

Apparently every guitar player over 50 is catastrophically disabled in a magical way that makes playing guitar still possible but only if the guitar is at the magic weight of 8 lbs or less, even though they never play standing up anyways 😂

Fucking weight weenies.

Here's a idea, if youre a pussy and can't play a guitar unless it's eXaCtLY 7 lbs 7 ounces or less, dont buy the guitar.

Apparently every guitar player over 50 is catastrophically disabled in a magical way that makes playing guitar still possible but only if the guitar is at the magic weight of 8 lbs or less, even though they never play standing up anyways 😂
Almost all over 50. Even tho the link is a bit lolz.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/adam-jones-cesar-gueikian-heavy-gibson-les-paul

This forum actually isn't that bad as far as weight weenies, TGP is a fucking cesspit though. I've had people who required a picture on a digital scale before they would buy a guitar.

I don't think the weight has a huge impact on the tone or anything, but the obsession with it annoys the shit out of me.
Yep, much of TGP are weenies about lots of things. My ‘80 Custom is heavy af and it sounds killer but my ‘13 Std is 8.25 lbs and also sounds killer. So I’m not in the weight = toan camp either.

Now about that metallic paint on the Silverbursts affecting tone…not buying that either. But I still love AJ.

Fucking weight weenies.

I like lighter guitars for when I do my Yngwie stage tricks. For one set, it is a lighter guitar, anti chafe cream and leather pants, and other sets involve a Les Paul and neck brace.

I like lighter guitars for when I do my Yngwie stage tricks. For one set, it is a lighter guitar, anti chafe cream and leather pants, and other sets involve a Les Paul and neck brace.

If you're doing stage tricks

No judgement 🤣

If you never play standing up, and woodshed Mr scary and Panama all day in your suburban man cave, I don't want to hear a fucking thing about a guitar's weight

You really notice the difference when you play really lightweight guitars for a long time and then all of the sudden grab a Gibby.

I have an Agile Septor bolt on guitar and I swear it's made out of balsa wood it's so light. Then I grab my LP (Special - not even a heavier model) and it's a significant weight jump.

But I agree.....don't be a bitch about it, just don't own one if it's going to kill you!

I swear everyone at TGP is in a perpetual state of "I just had back surgery".

I swear everyone at TGP is in a perpetual state of "I just had back surgery".
Bunch of nancy boys. That place is pathetic. Those sorry bitches would cry uncle if they had to use cheap toilet paper to wipe. Never mind play something heavier than a kid's toy guitar.

I've determined a long time ago that TGP is for guitarists with no gigs. Guys who other guys don't want to work with because not that many people want to know how much your ass hurts today. Sit around cork sniffing another tubescreamer or klon clone. The Dumbledorks. Those dudes are pathetic fat losers with body odor, severy single one of them. I'm pretty sure if there is a list of people going to hell that the TGP membership rolls are just an addendum to the regular list.

Back