Gibson Makes Cardigans For Geography Teachers

ghosty999

So it's well known as far back as 1986, Gibson has tried to make themselves a "diverse music lifestyle brand" (what ever that means haha). I get that buying your way into a new market can be profitable for big companies, but Gibson seems completely un-self-aware in their attempt to brand themselves into the affluent hipster market.

The Gibson Himalayan Wicker Basket collection can wait.

upload pictures

Just like you say they are a lifestyle brand, like Harley-Davidson and others, and they need to explore new markets eventually. Gotta connect with a new generation of suburban dads, I suppose, who can´t relate to the 1960s and won´t buy Gibson bowling shirts and leather jackets. A cardigan is hilarious, though, anyway you put it.

Also, in true Gibson fashion, the buttons randomly unfasten themselves, especially the G and B buttons. Sometimes right after you’ve done one up.
Oh and if you stand on the cardigan when it's on the ground, it breaks down the middle...

In fairness, it's not really Gibson making it. It's Billy Reid in collaboration with Gibson to use some designs on it. But the idea seems so bad I wonder if it it's supposed to be ironic joke.

Give me a Les Paul that can hold a six pack and then we'll talk.

amplifier-fridge_400x333.jpg

So it's well known as far back as 1986, Gibson has tried to make themselves a "diverse music lifestyle brand" (what ever that means haha). I get that buying your way into a new market can be profitable for big companies, but Gibson seems completely un-self-aware in their attempt to brand themselves into the affluent hipster market.

The Gibson Himalayan Wicker Basket collection can wait.

upload pictures
If Mr Rogers was a rocker ! Won’t you be my NEIGHBOR !!!!

Back