Gibson's $1000 "1959 Humbucker" PAF in a $400 Guitar?

That's what I find funny as well. They've made like 5 or 6 "Historically correct", and "Authentic PAF's".. '57 Classics were supposed to the the real deal.. Then the Burstbuckers.. Then the Custombuckers.. NOW these are really, really, really true to the originals, just like the priors, but $1000 is supposed to make you a believer, (or a sucker). Fuck Gibson's shenanigans.

That's what I find funny as well. They've made like 5 or 6 "Historically correct", and "Authentic PAF's".. '57 Classics were supposed to the the real deal.. Then the Burstbuckers.. Then the Custombuckers.. NOW these are really, really, really true to the originals, just like the priors, but $1000 is supposed to make you a believer, (or a sucker). Fuck Gibson's shenanigans.

Bowling shirt blues lawyers probably snapped them up. LOL

As much of a fan of Gibson as I am, you are 100% spot on!
Couldn’t have said it better.

Boom!! Enough said!

When they are released every forum fan boy comes out of the woodwork to defend and justify their overpriced purchase and then weeks/months/years later they tell you how much each of those pickups suck and is a mudbucker or is too harsh and "not real PAF tone". Gimme a set of '57 classics and I will get the job done. I guess I am easy to please because I haven't found a Gibson set that was unusable. I even liked the 490's.

When they are released every forum fan boy comes out of the woodwork to defend and justify their overpriced purchase and then weeks/months/years later they tell you how much each of those pickups suck and is a mudbucker or is too harsh and "not real PAF tone". Gimme a set of '57 classics and I will get the job done. I guess I am easy to please because I haven't found a Gibson set that was unusable. I even liked the 490's.
Myself love the Burstbucker 1 and 2 set.

Lol...seriously? Gibson's going quite mental these days. I still have a vintage Gibson Patent No. Pending mystery pickup that sounds great in every guitar I've ever put them in.
I wish they'd just make something like this instead.

It’s all stupid and B.S. but they still sold out. C’est la vie.
il_570xN.1180864703_3das.jpg

i went from a dimarzio super distortion to a gibson 57 classic/+ to seymour duncan pearly gates in my 79 LP.

when i eventually landed on tom holmes pickups i spoke with him about my previous pickups and he asked what i thought about the 57 classics. i told him they came across kinda harsh/scratchy in the top end. then he told me he helped design those for gibson. oops!

The stock 490T kicks ass. I'm surprised that it's not more popular.

I don't like the stock 490R but from what I've read, you can turn it into a T-Top by installing a short Alnico 5 magnet.

Google search results on the 490R Alnico 5 swap can be found here. ---> https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=gibson+490r+magnet+swap+a5+alnico+5

i went from a dimarzio super distortion to a gibson 57 classic/+ to seymour duncan pearly gates in my 79 LP.

when i eventually landed on tom holmes pickups i spoke with him about my previous pickups and he asked what i thought about the 57 classics. i told him they came across kinda harsh/scratchy in the top end. then he told me he helped design those for gibson. oops!

The scuttlebutt is that Gibson didn't do everything that Tom recommended for those pickups. Then again, I'm an old fart with a fading memory.

Back