Glenn Hughes = The Voice

WGAF

Banned
I'm on a YT trip atm.

Can this motherfucker sing or what. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I believe he is the greatest rock vocalist of all time & can still bring the shit even today.
All of his peers have dropped away with age. Paul Rodgers has held up well too however, Hughes is still in front IMHO.

Monkey Man":b0nex9ni said:
Yeah, but... Ronnie James Dio. :rock:

True, Dio has a MASSIVE voice but it's not versatile. You've heard 3 Dio songs you've heard him all.

I believe Dio's best work was with Rainbow in the 70s. I saw him live & up close with Rainbow in 76. Still the best concert I've seen & heard in my life. Dio was AMAZING.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yeah, I'll give you that, but of course, what he does, he does better than any other IMHO.

I met him too. Small world! After a gig in Melbourne in the late '80s with "Dio". He had Viv Campbell on guitar (I know his ex-girlfriend funnily-enough) and Jimmy Bain on bass. Met Ronnie and Jimmy after the gig as they were walking into the hotel. My buddy was such a huge Rainbow and Purple fan he seemed to be the only cat who knew where they were staying 'cause it was just us waiting there.

Jimmy was severely off his nut and just stood there, mustering all the concentration he could to remain upright. My buddy asked Ronnie what his inspiration was for writing (my buddy's) favourite song (Star Gazer or something like that), and Ronnie scratched his chin, thinking for a while, and answered, "Nothing, really". How priceless is that? :LOL: :LOL:

Meh, I can think of 10 others (at least) that I’d take over him.
Let’s see-
Dio
Geoff Tate
Bruce Dickinson
Ray Gillen
Steve Perry
Robert Plant
Kelly Holland
Paul Rodgers
Coverdale
Richie Kotzen (underrated as a vocalist imo).

Man screw Glen Hughes. He crashed his f’n jaguar sports car into my parked Ford Raptor and totalled my truck. His insurance company tried to screw me over too. Took me a year to get paid.

Attachments

• 42E6DF16-55BE-4C6E-99E9-BC700169ACC3.jpeg
    42E6DF16-55BE-4C6E-99E9-BC700169ACC3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • D3A2A562-3628-45F6-BB7D-2BA25936FE8D.jpeg
    D3A2A562-3628-45F6-BB7D-2BA25936FE8D.jpeg
    941.2 KB · Views: 39
Man screw Glen Hughes. He crashed his f’n jaguar sports car into my parked Ford Raptor and totalled my truck. His insurance company tried to screw me over too. Took me a year to get paid.
Pretty cut n dry I’d imagine…no mystery what happened. Surprised it totalled it though…doesn’t look like huge damage. Sorry for your troubles!

Yep that’ll do it. Ugh
Yeah, It literally happened as I was in the operating room with my wife having an emergency C section. Stressful time. I guess he said he was looking at his phone and sideswiped my truck. I had sent him several personal letters explaining my family hardships and asking for help on his end to pressure his insurance a bit, after all it was his fault. I was flat out ignored. So yeah, screw him.

Yeah, It literally happened as I was in the operating room with my wife having an emergency C section. Stressful time. I guess he said he was looking at his phone and sideswiped my truck. I had sent him several personal letters explaining my family hardships and asking for help on his end to pressure his insurance a bit, after all it was his fault. I was flat out ignored. So yeah, screw him.
So was the for sale put on the dash before or after…lol
But seriously, shame that got drawn out like that.

Back