Going Rate of a Marshall 2204 early 80ies

• Thread starter Thread starter BesaMoogie
  • Start date Start date
BesaMoogie
BesaMoogie
So what is a reasonable price for a Marshall 2204 from the `82 in todays market? Assuming it is unmodded and in very good condition?
Thanks

This. The 81-83 versions tend to have higher plate voltage too, which to me makes them more aggressive
Not all of the 2204 from that era have the high PV around 460V. The change happened somewhere around late 81 and early 82

Love my 84 4104 with 6550s.
Got it for around $1300 a while back.
I've seen a couple for $1800 this year, and 4010s as low as $1500. Def shop the combos if you're looking for the best price. Can easily be converted to a head.
Prices seem to be coming down. Seeing a 1987x for $1500, and guessing it'd go for $1300, on local CL. That's down a lot from the $2g range. Also seeing a 2203x half stack for $2200. They're not the 80s amps, but should do the trick.

Wish I had held onto my JMP 2203. Sold it for $1600 couple years back. Who knew they'd get so crazy. Guess the prices on them old Marshalls will just keep going up. Even JCM900s are up there.

So what is a reasonable price for a Marshall 2204 from the `82 in todays market? Assuming it is unmodded and in very good condition?
Thanks
Are you looking for one? Might know a guy who would sell on for a good price.

My 4010 slays! I love that amp. I feel like I overpaid for it, but then I fire it up and feel like it's worth every penny.

Here's how a 1 watt Plexi sounds for bedroom usage .

Second half of video is a demonstration of how a JCM 800 1 watt sounds for bedroom usage .

They should bring this little bastard of an amp back as well.

Reactions: ccn
Personally I wouldn't buy an 80's marshall, I'd buy a ceriatone PTP and upgrade the iron if you think it needs it. My PTP 2204 with classic tone transformer sounds better than my 82 800 combo.

Are you looking for one? Might know a guy who would sell on for a good price.
Not actually looking. Rather thinking of maybe selling or not :unsure:
Should have stated this before getting offers :doh:

Back