Going to see Nugent with Derek St. Holmes tomorrow

troublehead

Supposedly this is a "one time event" and Derek will be be on stage for the full set. I'm pretty stoked :thumbsup: I really love Nugent and I have seen him about 5 times in the last 15 years, but I probably would not go this time if it weren't for St. Holmes. He is one of my favorite rock singers and a pretty good player to boot.

Derek is a super cool guy! Talked with him for while back in 1980 at Fern Park Station in Fern Park, FL. Pat Travers was there, Mars Cowling, Phil Moog, and Paul Chapman were there too. Great night for sure! :thumbsup:

I got to see Derek a couple times at the PRS Experience - awesome dude, and the pipes still sound killer! That's gonna be a hell of a show, for sure!

Someone sent me the link to this video a while back, and I was like who is that other old guy on guitar.....until he started singing. Derek still sounds really good.

I saw Nugent about 5 years ago in Cleveland and it was one of the best live guitar sounds I've ever heard.

I have a '64 Byrdland. If you've ever played one through a high gain amp you'll immediately have a new found respect for Ted. The small neck, diffucult access to upper frets and the feedback make this not the best suited guitar for hard rock. Just don't tell Ted that!

zewango":13qyw4qy said:
Nugent with ST.Holmes is how it should be!
+1

snowdog":13qyw4qy said:
Someone sent me the link to this video a while back, and I was like who is that other old guy on guitar.....until he started singing. Derek still sounds really good.

that's Mick Brown on the drums from Dokken in this video

ACShreds":1ypj7as1 said:
where is he playing at, i'll probly go too.

Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie. Show starts at 8:00 but its only $5 if you get there before 5 o' clock.............$15 after that.

troublehead":1tcubsdi said:
ACShreds":1tcubsdi said:
where is he playing at, i'll probly go too.

Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie. Show starts at 8:00 but its only $5 if you get there before 5 o' clock.............$15 after that.
Awesome thanks for the tip. was gonna go see dokken at trees tomorrow but seeing ted sounds way cooler

snowdog":26idlh0q said:

I saw Nugent about 5 years ago in Cleveland and it was one of the best live guitar sounds I've ever heard.

I was at this show. Ted had one of the most thunderous live rigs I'd ever heard and when I saw the 6505s I was actually kind of surprised that's what he was playing because it sounded so huge.

For some reason before I went I expected him to be using a vintage amp and not something so modern sounding.

Awesome. I love Ted. Saw him a while back with ZZ Top. He was a trio with Marco Mendoza. KILLER band. HUGE tone and of course he played incredible. :rock:

Back