Got a new module in the works

RACKSYSTEMS":4skowl8m said:
Wait hold on. Its a black eye with a voicing switch not a hbe. Its in the family but it can't be truly both. Dave
Now I'm all confused. Sent you a PM Dave in regards to the SL+ HBE that I sent back. Let me know.

danhops":2m67zkpd said:
RACKSYSTEMS":2m67zkpd said:
Wait hold on. Its a black eye with a voicing switch not a hbe. Its in the family but it can't be truly both. Dave
Now I'm all confused. Sent you a PM Dave in regards to the SL+ HBE that I sent back. Let me know.

I originally spoke to Dave and we discuessed modding my Mr Scary to be switchable between the HBE and the BE. When he got it he realized the skull knobs would not allow space for the switches he was going to put on to switch between the HBE and BE. So after listening to what I wanted he modded the Mr Scary to be a Black Eye and made the stock Bright switch into a voicing switch.

Ok guys I got the Mr Scary module back from Dave today. It's now a Black Eye with a voicing switch where the bright switch was. Like Dave said it would be it is a more aggressive version of the HBE. It is very much like a boosted Marshall tone. This is what the Mr Scary should have been IMHO. Dave I think I like V1 as opposed to V2. V1 is a little brighter and clearer. I like that. V2 is a bit more compressed sounding. But ask me tomorrow and I might change my mind about which I prefer. Both are very usable.

Well I set out to find a badass Marshall-esq module and Dave you delivered. Thank you :) :thumbsup: :rock:

So is it worth getting your HBE modded to a BE?? Well they are close in tone. If you want a more aggressive version then I guess the answer is yes. But again they are kinda close so...

Sounds cool to me. Cant wait to hear what Dave is doing to my modules. I am sure I'll be pleased!!! :rock:

Back