Got a Timmy pedal

Glimpse

WHere did you get it? Is that the one with boost? I can't seem to remember what the difference is between the Tim and the Timmy...

psychodave":26w4rrgq said:
Glimpse":26w4rrgq said:
WHere did you get it? Is that the one with boost? I can't seem to remember what the difference is between the Tim and the Timmy...

I bought it from an online dealer. I ordered it 3 weeks ago and it came during the week. The Timmy is the main part of the Tim. The Timmy is no frills. It is easy to use. Here is the manual. http://obg.co.kr/tim/Tim.pdf

Cool deal. What pedal could you compare it too? Is it Tubescreamer-ish? Marshall-ish? I see a lot of talk about the Tim and Timmy pedals on TGP but haven't really read up on em too much.

Which online dealer did you get it from?

I just got my Timmy Pedal this weekend, but I haven't had a chance to try it. I bought mine direct from PaulC the builder. I ordered it back in January and it finally came (May was the expected completion time)

Are you using yours as a boost mostly, that is what is sounds like? I am going to try mine with my mark IV, boosting R2 and overdriving R1....

Finally got to try my Timmy pedal with my mark IV. So far I really like it, sounds great into R1. Very clean and dynamic. It is very sensative to your picking, kind of like a Vox AC30. You can get some crunch or some clean just by how much you dig into the strings. The gain seems to be very natural sounding.

As a boost into R2 I didn't like it as well. For that task I preferred the Plank cranker as it thickened the tone on my strat more. I didn't try the timmy with my les paul, but my guess is it would be better suited for thick sounding guitars as it doesn't really thicken the sound as much as some other overdrives I have.

I am thinking of doing an overdriver/distortion shootout as I have a good number built up and need to figure out what to get rid of. Not sure if anyone would be interested in me doing that though....

psychodave":2d4p5myq said:
I loved it with the MArk IV R2. I almost didnt sell the IV because of how good the Timmy sounded.

I ordered a TIM as well :D

I will have to try boosting R2 again with the Timmy and see how it goes.

I am curious to see how you like the Tim and if you like the additional features. I didn't really need the boost features so I decided to just go with the Timmy.

donbarzini":21byayuc said:
I ordered a Tim and a Timmy at the same time, waited about four months for them, sold them the day after I got them. I thought the Timmy was better but they both sounded artificial to me. YMMV.

One thing that often gets overlooked with pedals is what amp/guitar you are using with the pedal. Some pedals work great with some amps and bad with others. Dave and I are running similar amps.

A day is not enough time for me to evaluate the pedal. At least when you sold it you probably made some money on it as they used to be selling for more used than new due to the wait on the pedal.

Hey Dave, you're probably the first person i have seen that said the BB adds a mid hump. I got a BB because the R2 channel of the Mark IV really needed some bottom end and boost. Right now i don't have anything because R2 of the Mark III smokes IMHO. I'll probably pickup another Maxon 808 or OD9 along the way to mess around just for R2. The Mark III lead channels really get no benefit from a pedal because they already have soo much gain :rock:

But i do want to get another amp for classic rock and mid gain tones and for playing around with pedals on.

Back