Got Me Some XTC

I keep my settings very close to what Ron described above on my Classic. Treble/Mids around 2:00, bass a little lower, Presence between Noon and 3:00 depending on the cab.

This amp is very guitar sensitive and I have to change gain levels accordingly but I agree; Blue set to B1 and Red to B2 is where it's at for me. Either channel sounds killer either unboosted with the gain near max or boosted with gain cut back to Noon/2:00.

My only gripe with this amp is that when you get it next to something like a Splawn, Helios or 2203 etc, it can lack just a bit of "rawness" and punch (not to say it can't get mean) but that's also what makes it such a great and unique amp. That sag and voicing is what makes the Ecstasy special.

BTW - these things KILL through the Bogner 212 (duh) but load it with Scumback BH75s and it's just rad. Top end really opens up

Yeah I bet the blackbacks with the heavy magnet sound good. That's like a connoisseur's V30.

glassjaw7":3dc79mpp said:
I keep my settings very close to what Ron described above on my Classic. Treble/Mids around 2:00, bass a little lower, Presence between Noon and 3:00 depending on the cab.

This amp is very guitar sensitive and I have to change gain levels accordingly but I agree; Blue set to B1 and Red to B2 is where it's at for me. Either channel sounds killer either unboosted with the gain near max or boosted with gain cut back to Noon/2:00.

My only gripe with this amp is that when you get it next to something like a Splawn, Helios or 2203 etc, it can lack just a bit of "rawness" and punch (not to say it can't get mean) but that's also what makes it such a great and unique amp. That sag and voicing is what makes the Ecstasy special.

BTW - these things KILL through the Bogner 212 (duh) but load it with Scumback BH75s and it's just rad. Top end really opens up

Back