Got my Marsha back!

fickle

Yesterday I got my Marsha back from Dave! I loved it before when it had the the BE and HBE... Now it has the Fat,Sat,C45,and Modern switches + FX Loop and it is killer.. I have never been so happy with an amp and fall in love with it the first 10 mins of playing time.. All the new mods are killer.. The tone I am getting with my strat on the BE channel with the Fat switch engaged is just amazing! As for me I think this amp is the end of the line , at least I hope it is.. If I get another amp it will def. be another Friedman one! I have a gig Fri-Sat in VT and really looking forward to finally use it live.. Can't wait : ) Just thought Iwould share how happy I am.. That is all!

Jack

Cool, congrats!

I've got a Marsha with just HBE, BE and C45...I've been meaning to send it back to Dave to add the sat, modern and fx loop mods (maybe the full clean), but just haven't been willing to let it go yet. :LOL: :LOL:

Do you feel like the additional mods affected the feel or responsiveness of your amp? I've been worried that I'll mess it up if I add too much stuff...and I dig the feel of the amp as much as the tone.

Well yea, you are more upstate than me, but I guess Jtown is considered Upstate NY also..

jski59 - I was thinking the same thing you are man.. It actually took me a while also to ship it out because I didn't want it to leave so I know how you feel :LOL: :LOL: But the truth is that I like it better now. The amp still feels and sounds like I remembered it did just now with a few more options.

lowmantotempole- Don't think the modern switch is new.. I saw it on Marsha that was right after mine and mine is #22. It is for use on the HBE and is kind of like a little mid cut.

I'm dying waiting for my modded amp to get back from Dave. :) It's been about a month and I'm having to play thru my JSX. I need modded goodness!!! :)

Glad you're loving the Marsha. Dave is the man. My KS modded Marshall is pretty much the end of the line for me as well..until I can swing a Friedman/Marsha that is. :rock:

tonmazz":365uage2 said:
Glad you're loving the Marsha. Dave is the man. My KS modded Marshall is pretty much the end of the line for me as well..until I can swing a Friedman/Marsha that is. :rock:
Cool :thumbsup: I have a mooded 79 JMP100 also. I tried EL34's in it but the 6550's rock hard. I just scored a new matched quad of GE 6550A. Hopefully they're as new and tests as good as they look. Dave does some nice work. I'd love to get his clean channel and a loop but I'm not ready to part with it yet. I was missing my Wizard until I got this. I am very curious how a modded JMP100 stacks up to the Marsha(Friedman) I would think the old Marshall transformers would play a part. My amp sounds great.

Back