Got the Synergy Diezel Herbert module...

JerEvil

So I dig it BUT I also have no personal experience playing much of the Diezel stuff. This is just some random fuckery, no boosts, etc. I'll do an actual demo after I spend a little more time with it

I don't hear the subharmonic bass frequency I associate with the herbert. In fact thats what I hated about the Herbert. It was so prevalent. Also, this mid cut severely cut the balls off the tone. Much more than the Herbert. Mids and highs sound close.

I don't hear the subharmonic bass frequency I associate with the herbert. In fact thats what I hated about the Herbert. It was so prevalent. Also, this mid cut severely cut the balls off the tone. Much more than the Herbert. Mids and highs sound close.
Yeah I don't think the Mid Cut helps this module at all. I am still feeling it out and will work on a full demo tonight or tomorrow. I think there's probably an interplay of the actual power section and preamp that just will not translate in this format.

The said, I do like the module and not having any experience with the real Herbert to tie back to probably helps. it's KILLER for hard rock tones with my les Pauls.

I know a lot of chuggers like the Herbert... this module unboosted will definitely disappoint people.

when did this even get announced?
and i thought the next synergy release was going to be of 3+ modules?
are more still "coming soon"?

avi, vlad, etc need to get on the social media more now that they are back up and running....

when did this even get announced?
and i thought the next synergy release was going to be of 3+ modules?
are more still "coming soon"?

avi, vlad, etc need to get on the social media more now that they are back up and running....
It didn't... it got teased the day before release because I THINK someone released their demo early. It was just kind of "there". The IIC+ I have known about for months now. There are two more coming. One I know and one I am clueless on.

It didn't... it got teased the day before release because I THINK someone released their demo early. It was just kind of "there". The IIC+ I have known about for months now. There are two more coming. One I know and one I am clueless on.

Have you tried a capture of a Syn module yet?

IIC+ !?!?! sweet! fingers crossed for an Orange module :)

Yeah I don't think the Mid Cut helps this module at all. I am still feeling it out and will work on a full demo tonight or tomorrow. I think there's probably an interplay of the actual power section and preamp that just will not translate in this format.

The said, I do like the module and not having any experience with the real Herbert to tie back to probably helps. it's KILLER for hard rock tones with my les Pauls.

I know a lot of chuggers like the Herbert... this module unboosted will definitely disappoint people.
It seems to react like when I had the DMoll. I saw Ola with that mid cut up past noon and it sounded great, but for me that near unplayable, too much mid scoop.

Sweetspot for me is to crank the mids knob up from 1 to 3 oclock then mid cut between 9-10 oclock ish. On the amp could you footswitch the midcut off and then you would have this soaring mid filled solo tone that I loved

Agreed on the boost, but do we have many people who only plug straight in, hate any boost? I always have a few boosts ready to go, love the tight flavors and that goes well with Diezel tones. I may have to go shopping for another Grind that was a great combo but currently leaning on the 808x

It seems to react like when I had the DMoll. I saw Ola with that mid cut up past noon and it sounded great, but for me that near unplayable, too much mid scoop.

Sweetspot for me is to crank the mids knob up from 1 to 3 oclock then mid cut between 9-10 oclock ish. On the amp could you footswitch the midcut off and then you would have this soaring mid filled solo tone that I loved

Agreed on the boost, but do we have many people who only plug straight in, hate any boost? I always have a few boosts ready to go, love the tight flavors and that goes well with Diezel tones. I may have to go shopping for another Grind that was a great combo but currently leaning on the 808x
I didn’t like the Dirty Tree with this but the Duality is great!

Back