Great deal on a chubtone on LA Craigslist

That's the one that someone butchered the Floyd Nut install by making substantially larger holes in the back of the neck than is necessary. When this left our shop, the nut was top-mounted. It's definitely repairable but you will see the repair after it is done.

That's the one that someone butchered the Floyd Nut install by making substantially larger holes in the back of the neck than is necessary. When this left our shop, the nut was top-mounted. It's definitely repairable but you will see the repair after it is done.
Yeah, that's a bang-up great centering job! Lol

Now you have a HS that, if it gets hit the right way SNAPOLA. Ugh
Too bad, that's a beautiful guitar otherwise.

What the hell would possess someone to do that? I could see some idiot doing that if it didn’t have a Floyd nut on it to begin with but Jesus.
Drugs are bad kids

Good thing it's a bolt-on neck. Ha ha. We have told a couple of prospective buyers that we would be happy to swap that neck for a new one (for a charge obviously) but would love to take that neck out of circulation so no one makes the mistake thinking we did that.
I never thought of that .....ugh

Hopefully whomever buys it gives you guys a call/email first

I was wondering what you guys were talking about until I blew the picture up. I can see the rear nut screws are off center. Does Chubtone not do rear mounting holes from the factory or something? Gorgeous guitar otherwise.

I was wondering what you guys were talking about until I blew the picture up. I can see the rear nut screws are off center. Does Chubtone not do rear mounting holes from the factory or something? Gorgeous guitar otherwise.

The holes are not only off center, they are huge. We don't do rear mounting for a Floyd unless the buyer specifies it, but I think there is only 1 guitar out there with a rear mounted nut that we did. That doesn't count this atrocity that Helen Keller worked on. :)

The holes are not only off center, they are huge. We don't do rear mounting for a Floyd unless the buyer specifies it, but I think there is only 1 guitar out there with a rear mounted nut that we did. That doesn't count this atrocity that Helen Keller worked on. :)
lol I'm more than happy to be a guinea pig if you guys want to build a pro bono guitar for me and test out some rear drilling. Ya know, for science.

One of these days I'll own one of your guitars.

Who's the idiot that screwed up that awesome neck??

Why doesn't Chubtone have there own section under Manufacturers Forums??

Back