Guitar falling forward/ Neck heavy

locoed":2c6tav5j said:
glip22":2c6tav5j said:
Allot is said for proper building techniques. Balance is a key point to a good build. Sell it and find a better one. :thumbsup:

It's an "84 and it's super light, my other explorers are mahogany and
Heavy. I'm stuck with it,looks like it's going to be a lap guitar :cry:
:LOL: :LOL:

I had a bc rich bitch that did this. Was a nice guitar and sounded great. But i couldn't use it for rehearsal or shows so i sold it. Couldn't find a solution and internet was still dial up back then.

My old LTD viper was neck heavy and at the time, they were putting the upper strap peg on the back of the horn instead of right at the end of the horn. I drilled a new hole at the end of the horn and it was much better. Other than that, I'd say counter balance the weight by putting something around the bottom strap peg.

Lord Toneking":1oo2s0ym said:
Buy some lead tape and put on the outside edge of the body

Ive used it with golf clubs before. Google it....Im too lazy ;)
yeah...how'd that work on your golf clubs? did it lower your score? when is the last time you played? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D :D :LOL: :LOL:
just messin' with ya my brother

sandman":e5cza49c said:
Lord Toneking":e5cza49c said:

yeah...how'd that work on your golf clubs? did it lower your score? when is the last time you played? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D :D :LOL: :LOL:
It gave me the shanks!! Thanks for reminding me again :gethim:

:cry:

Lord Toneking":t2jfrtmp said:
sandman":t2jfrtmp said:
Lord Toneking":t2jfrtmp said:

It gave me the shanks!! Thanks for reminding me again :gethim:

:cry:
:LOL: :LOL:

locoed":1ap8f40w said:
AmpliFIRE":1ap8f40w said:
Get the THICKEST and HEAVIEST strap you can find.

What would a thick heavy strap do?

wider strap = more static friction, less sliding.

It isn't a complete cure, but it helps. Bass players use wider straps a lot... partially for better weight distribution, and partially because there are a lot of neck-diving basses.

Back