Guitar to PC audio input device recommendations?

rsm

So, what are you guys using (hardware / audio interface) to get your audio signals into your computers?

I'd like something that can take in two signals (stereo, left & right or two mono signals) with the ability to use line level or instrument level or mic level with phantom power (so XLR and 1/4" inputs). Just sold my last Mac, so all I have are PC's...probably will stick with Windows 7 based PCs for this (so Apogee is out).

What are your recommendations? Total nOOb at this aspect, FWIW.

rsm":jgs2zjvr said:
So, what are you guys using (hardware / audio interface) to get your audio signals into your computers?

I'd like something that can take in two signals (stereo, left & right or two mono signals) with the ability to use line level or instrument level or mic level with phantom power (so XLR and 1/4" inputs). Just sold my last Mac, so all I have are PC's...probably will stick with Windows 7 based PCs for this (so Apogee is out).

What are your recommendations? Total nOOb at this aspect, FWIW.

I'm using the M-Audio Pro Fire 610 and it's a perfect device. Not cheap, but very good in my humble opinion. I have a Mac based system FWIW.

V.

check out Guitar Rig Session - it does have 2 inputs, but I don't specifically know if it does a stereo signal or both at the same time. Comes with some cool plugins and Cubase LE4 also.

M-audio fast track,I have the 2 and 4 input,the 2 is like $100 new.
It works fine,you can plug in direct and it has a mic switch if you wanna
use a cab. Probably find one used on craigslist.

Check out the Presonus Audiobox USB, it comes with Artist One (a great DAW and one of the easiest ones I've ever worked with. all drag and drop functions) it's only $150. I hate mac..I always felt macs were for faggots and college nerds fighting the man (because if they EVER got into a real fight my 10 year old niece would stomp a mudhole on them :LOL: :LOL: ) but one day last year I decided to get an imac for just recording while I was taking a long lay off from playing. It's alright for some things but I prefer windows, I can't even ditch the imac and give it to my gf..she hates it as well.

I don't know which daw you'll use but if you haven't decided yet, you can't go wrong for $150 and I can tell you that it'll be easy to use Studio One. If you do like Studio One then you can upgrade to the retail Studio One Pro box for only $150 more and you get a full DAW with mastering capabilities. :rock:

rsm":3d5ob5yf said:
I was interested in the TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 FireWire Audio Interface, but sold my Mac so no firewire interface.

My current front runner is the M-Audio Fast Track Pro Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface, but the Lexicon I-ONIX U42S USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface (pricey at $329 new) is looking very sweet too. Any thoughts on either of these?

Thanks, and Keep 'em coming!

The I-Onix is probably good for winxp or mac but I don't know if you're moving to 64bit but why wouldn't anyone? Drivers for 64bit are a little behind now and Presonus so far are one of the best ones supporting it. My friend picked up the I-Onix and I picked up the Audiobox USB last month, we both love Presonus and their DAW. He returned the I-Onix due to bad drivers at the time.

We both use win7 64bit.

What is your budget? I have two "preferred" devices I'm using right now and getting great results with both.

I have a Line6 KB37 which has dual inputs, many routing options, and is also a 37-key keyboard MIDI controller for virtual instruments. Also comes with POD Farm.

The Allen & Heath ZED-14 mixer is an AWESOME sounding/functioning mixing console AND has a USB connection so your PC will recognize it as an interface. This means you can run ALL of your gear into the mixer then run that mixed signal to your DAW.

KB37 is $349 and ZED-14 is $399

ZED-14 comes with SONAR LE.

Cheers,

Back