Hairy Brown Eye compared/combined with Egnater EG5

Hairy Brown Eye compared/combined with Egnater EG5.

Here are three chugga clips back-to-back that show David Friedman’s HBE (in an Egnater module), then the same stuff played with the Egnater EG5, then both combined and panned for a nice combo. VHT 2/502 going to two separate cabs – a Port City with Jensen Blackbirds and a 1x12 with Scumback 100 watter. I keep avoiding finishing this tune from the next HWM album cause I just couldn’t get the guitar tone right. Now, I got what I wanted.

download: https://www.soundclick.com/util/download ... id=7614565

Dave, thanks again for this amazing mod. It is just spectacular - this quick clip I did still didn't capture the edge it has that I dig so much. I am seriously gonna go back and re-record at least three tunes' rhythm tracks I thought were pretty done. A nice problem to have.

I love the HBE. This is actually a part from a full tune I'm putting together for my next HWM record. David gave me a cool idea yesterday to add a track with my Tele in the full mix - it's a huge improvement. I have improved on the guitar sound a good deal now in the mix now.

I like your style of playing more than a lot of the people who hang out on the forums. I like all the styles music. It must be cool to do the HWM stuff.

It is funny how a sound make a piece work or inspire a way of playing ?

Thanks Stephen, the HWM stuff has been lots if fun because I just mix in whatever I'm inspired by at the moment. It's the blessing of doing independent music.

Yeah, gear-music-gear-music-etc. It's a vicious cycle of inspiration.

Also, speaking of my music, stay tuned for news on Marco Minnemann's big multi-composer/album project "Normalizer 2" - based around a gnarly 52-minute drum performance he captured. Marco, Trey Gunn, Mike Keneally, Alex Machacek, Phi Yaan-Zek and I have been working on this for over two years and we are about ready to start releasing it all on Abstract Logix label this year. My individual album will be called West ZooOpolis. Also, Trey has been slaving over a compilation CD that will go out first, and he's almost ready to be done with it.

Back