Halp guys...VHT content

grunge782

Why'd I bother asking this question at HCAF :doh:

Anyways, I found a wicked deal on a VHT 2/90/2 and I need to know what tube types it can take. Can it take tubes besides kt88/6550 type such as el34 or 6l6 type?

Thanks

again with this":383aqyut said:
Not trying to be an ass about it, but you can Google it as easily as I can.

Honestly did you think I didn't try that already? Send me a link if you did find something that confirms what it can use.

grunge782":33zo1e43 said:
again with this":33zo1e43 said:
Not trying to be an ass about it, but you can Google it as easily as I can.

Honestly did you think I didn't try that already? Send me a link if you did find something that confirms what it can use.

sorry dude. Failed to not be an ass.

again with this":1p0w3hau said:
http://www.sfdamp.com/poweramps_features.html

Looks like no. Isn't part of the whole point of the 2/90/2 the KT88 tubes?

edit:

...and http://www.sfdamp.com/manuals/2902_SFD.pdf

Those are the Fryette's. I wasn't sure if the design has changed.

I know that the VHT 2/50/2 can run 6l6 and el34 but on the fryette site it says that it has just el34. Thats what I was unclear about the 2/90/2.

And yes, the whole point of the 2/90/2 is to be able to run kt88/6550 tube type which is why I wanted it. But I would also like to run kt77's or el34 tube type so that is why I was looking for information on it.

AFAIK only the tubes in it, but the truth is any amp can be modded by a qualified tech to be adjustable bias and so forth so you could have it your way either way.

grunge782":ha55cyt4 said:
Those are the Fryette's. I wasn't sure if the design has changed.

I know that the VHT 2/50/2 can run 6l6 and el34 but on the fryette site it says that it has just el34. Thats what I was unclear about the 2/90/2.
Correction, only the first gen 2/50/2 could run EL34 or 6L6. They can now only run EL34. The Black Beauty is a 2/50/2 (called 2/56/2 and was limited run only) with 6L6s, although it is slightly different sounding as well.

As stated though, almost any amp can be modded to run different tubes.

Back