Hanneman's personal guitars for sale.

I think prices are reasonable and only for real fans who can afford them. I am assuming also it would help the family to beef up finances to leave for his kids. ( I think he had kids?)

Grey Camo at 10-12k and I would have considered, but 75k yikes. Great pieces of history.

You will never be able to get something like the grey camo with the verboten inlays again, and especially Jeff’s own obviously. Had I enough money to spend it that frivolously without concern for a return on it I totally would.

Jeff Hanneman is so so so underrated. The guy had an unconscious style that is unlike anything before or after. Where did that come from? He didn't work in patterns or formulated crap like Kerry King did. Dave Mustaine writes leads parts like KK, formulated BS, nothing from the heart. When you first heard Slayer, you either loved it or hated it instantly, very divisive when you first heard Hanneman. I flipped out and had to immediately find out "who is this band?" Kerry King would never been able to create that sound and carry Slayer by himself.

Back those days, Slayer would list who played which lead. So everyone knew who was who. Same with Judas Priest, Tipton's leads were so much better and you knew it because they told you who played which lead.

Jeff Hanneman is so so so underrated. The guy had an unconscious style that is unlike anything before or after. Where did that come from? He didn't work in patterns or formulated crap like Kerry King did. Dave Mustaine writes leads parts like KK, formulated BS, nothing from the heart. When you first heard Slayer, you either loved it or hated it instantly, very divisive when you first heard Hanneman. I flipped out and had to immediately find out "who is this band?" Kerry King would never been able to create that sound and carry Slayer by himself.

Back those days, Slayer would list who played which lead. So everyone knew who was who. Same with Judas Priest, Tipton's leads were so much better and you knew it because they told you who played which lead.
For all the grief Slayer receive about their lead playing, Hanneman especially had his moments of well executed and coherent leads. Spirit in Black for example was pretty melodic. Jeff was a great player up to around 1991 but after that the arthritis and alcohol took over and he never even tracked rhythms in the studio ever again. That's what killed Slayer's ferocious live in the studio sound of the first 5 albums. That and Bostaph's more clinical approach to drums.

KK is complete chaos which sort of worked in a strange sort of way because Hanneman reigned it in and tied it in nicely. But comparing KK to Mustaine? Mustaine plays the same stretched pentatonic box over and over but it actually sounds like something. It has a structure which fits Megadeth because they sound tighter and more organized overall. It works for me.

here is my hanneman, best guitar I own.

Attachments

• 79293181_2519260918121424_780592258595422208_o.jpg
    79293181_2519260918121424_780592258595422208_o.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 54
IMO a Kahler Hanny is the best metal guitar ever made. I've had an LTD & 3 ESPs, still have two of the ESPs as permanent keepers. One for the studio and another for gigs. TBH the LTD was better than most other guitars I've played ever, that one was better than many ESPs I've had.

I'd love to get my hands on an older dot inlay one some day.

Attachments

• IMG_6159.JPG
    IMG_6159.JPG
    375.2 KB · Views: 54
  • TIGHTEN Jeremy.jpg
    TIGHTEN Jeremy.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 55
I have to disagree with that claim.
View attachment 107272

It's hilarious that you have to keep posting in a thread trying to defend your Jacksons when literally no one is talking about Jackson guitars. It's also hilarious that people are posting up pictures of their extremely expensive guitars and you're acting like those people, for some reason, haven't played or owned Jacksons also. Everyone is talking about Hanneman ESPs because ESP makes/made a Hanneman series guitar and Hanneman was closely associated with the ESP brand. In fact, there are zero Jacksons for sale by Jeff's estate so I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up.

I'm not knocking Jackson. I love them. But keep in mind, there's a reason why all of these guys used to play Jacksons and they moved on to play ESPs. Not the other way around.

Enjoy your guitars. You have a nice collection.

Last edited:
Gotta represent, glad you found it "hilarious." When people make a polarizing statement like "ESP is the best metal guitar made" it is going to have a few people dispute it. The idea that ESP built guitars that were superior to old school Jackson is a stretch. The artists that endorsed ESP did because of all the money they threw at those players. Not to say ESP can't build/supply exceptional guitars bc they can but Jackson is far from what it was originally and limited to what it is able to deliver like it did back in the day.

Keep in mind this is an open forum and I don't need to have your approval to say whatever the fuck I want reguardless of context. It had nothing to do with anyone's statement but thanks for your compliment on my collection. I wouldn't be able to live without your approval and did you even notice how old this thread was asshole or is that the way lames like you do it on TGP? I'm sure they would miss a hairless taint like you, better run along before they notice you're gone...

Last edited:
Back