Hapas 28 Inch Baritone With Evertune Bridge

KyleKing

I managed to snag this insane Hapas baritone just over a month or so ago and I'm head over heels in love with it.

I've been on an extended scale Baritone/ Drop E kick the past year or so and had tried the usual suspects like the 30" Squier Vintage Modified Baritone Jazzmaster and the Gretsch 5260, both of which do the job very nicely but I was feeling ready to take the leap towards something a bit more premium since it seemed like I was going to continue down this avenue.

I'd figured if I was going to go premium it would be a Hapas and I luckily got this in their last "already made" drop as they're predominantly a made to order custom shop usually.

I genuinely couldn't be happier, this is my first guitar with an evertune bridge and I have to say I "get it" now. I've got it setup currently in Drop E and I can't put it down, it plays like butter, sounds heavy as hell and as a bonus it never goes out of tune :ROFLMAO:

I threw together a quick chuggy video to showcase it in a mix if anybody is interested in having a quick listen.

In short: Incredible guitars, would highly recommend!

I have always kept a few 27" scale guitars around. I'm one of the those guys that even in Drop C prefers the tension created by an extended scale. Anything lower than down one full step...I'm reaching for the baritone.

Interesting, I am starting to think I need a baritone 6 string for downtuned stuff and that one looks pretty nice even if I'm not sure about the 28" scale. However being in the States that builder doesn't look like much of an option.

Interesting, I am starting to think I need a baritone 6 string for downtuned stuff and that one looks pretty nice even if I'm not sure about the 28" scale. However being in the States that builder doesn't look like much of an option.
I'm fairly certain they ship worldwide. The taxes you potentially get hit with as it comes over the border however is another story 👀

I've tried a few different sizes, and have found that 26.5 and 27 works best. The 28 - 30" necks starts feel like a bass.

Last edited:
Back