Happy ending to the USPS damaged Diezel story

Zaman

Many of you may remember that my Diezel Einstein got damaged in shipment. It was truly heart breaking...

DSC_0109.jpg

However, Peter Diezel, Peter Stapfer and Jens Kruse teamed up to make sure, over the period of a few months, that my amp would not just be fixed, but better than brand new.

The three of them stuck with me, regularly checking the status of my USPS claim, and in the mean time making preparations to do their magic. The work was done by Jens Kruse of Hollywood, CA under the constant supervision of Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer.

This was the end result:

dbc70faf.jpg

Don't get taken in by just her good looks. She SOUNDS 100 times better than before. Though I live in Texas, I happened to be in the Los Angeles area by the time my amp was ready, so I picked it up in person from Jens Kruse. Due to some poor planning on my part I wound up getting to his place very late at night, but he didn't sweat it at all. He and his wife were some of the coolest and hospitable people I've ever met. What this guy can do to your amps is no short of epic.

Brad King of King Guitars can't be left out from this story as he is the one who helped me get the white headshell and knobs on the amp specially delivered from Germany.

Thanks to everyone in Rig-Talk for their support and just being an overall great bunch of folks!

Above all, Diezel Amplification is a company with excellence like I've not seen anywhere else.

Now excuse me while I shred on this amazing sounding Diezel Einstein (Thanks, Jens!) ;)

Diezel only gets good marks on customer support! They're awesome. I'm happy for you everything got fixed. enjoy it!

I'm happy it worked out well for you..
And of course yes.. The Diezel team is really really helpful on everything..
About the clip..
:rock: :rock:

Great news sir. What company takes care of an amp someone purchased off eBay? That just top notch customer service.

Congrats on the belated NAD! :rock:

Good story! Kudos to these guys!

In regards to UPS (and Fedex)... I used to work as a truck loader/unloaded in a busy UPS hub. This was back in '89, so things may have changed, but I doubt it. These companies need to have a special, colorful tape that they can wrap around large, fragile, expensive items to REALLY get the word out to their loaders that this thing CANNOT be dropped when moving it around between trucks. We used to touch a LOT of packages on our 4-hour marathon shift. I don't remember exactly, but I believe that our unload rate used to run something like 10K packages an hour. We were just literally grabbing these packages and shooting them down the rollers in the trucks as fast a we could go. That doesn't lend itself well to careful package handling. You simply do NOT have the time to carefully (and slowly) move every package around. And with most packages, that's fine. They're light, and nothing inside is really all that fragile. But in the case of tube amps and other such items... they really should find a way of making it clear to the loaders that these items REALLY DO need to be handled with care at all times -- or it'll cost the company money (not to mention the customer a bunch of grief).

Red_Label":c4jk0izh said:
Good story! Kudos to these guys!

In regards to UPS (and Fedex)... I used to work as a truck loader/unloaded in a busy UPS hub. This was back in '89, so things may have changed, but I doubt it. These companies need to have a special, colorful tape that they can wrap around large, fragile, expensive items to REALLY get the word out to their loaders that this thing CANNOT be dropped when moving it around between trucks. We used to touch a LOT of packages on our 4-hour marathon shift. I don't remember exactly, but I believe that our unload rate used to run something like 10K packages an hour. We were just literally grabbing these packages and shooting them down the rollers in the trucks as fast a we could go. That doesn't lend itself well to careful package handling. You simply do NOT have the time to carefully (and slowly) move every package around. And with most packages, that's fine. They're light, and nothing inside is really all that fragile. But in the case of tube amps and other such items... they really should find a way of making it clear to the loaders that these items REALLY DO need to be handled with care at all times -- or it'll cost the company money (not to mention the customer a bunch of grief).

i did the same thing in the mid 90's. i unloaded 7 1/2 trailers by myself in 4 hours on peak day. i'm still trying to figure out how they destroyed a 4X12 boxed-encased in foam with bubble wrap draped over it, as well as a peice of fiberboard on top and on the bottom. had to have been dropped off the back of a trailer. :doh:
sorry for the hijak zaman. moral of the story-PACK THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING. also, ups will deny your claim if anything is packed in less than 1" of foam.

Good to hear everything worked out well. Lot of companies could learn a thing or two about customer service from Diezel!

I'm curious - do you have any more pics of it? I'm always on the fence about getting the white headshell / knobs for my herbert.

Back