Has anyone tried a G12-65 + V30/Hellatone 60 combo??

Blackie08

What do you guys think of a G12-65 and a hellatone 60 combo? Anyone tried it before?? FYI they would be going into an Avatar 2x12 contemporary cab. And the amp is going to be a Friedman Kitchen Sink modded JCM 800...

Opinions? Suggestions??
I really dont wanna spend the $$$ on scumbacks..

Blackie08":3kpk6gdp said:
What do you guys think of a G12-65 and a hellatone 60 combo? Anyone tried it before?? FYI they would be going into an Avatar 2x12 contemporary cab. And the amp is going to be a Friedman Kitchen Sink modded JCM 800...

Opinions? Suggestions??
I really dont wanna spend the $$$ on scumbacks..
Yes, i have; it sounds pretty nice, and has a unique tone to my ears. Check out some of Todd Duane's aka..."Treetopper" clips on youtube. He's an amazing player, playing through some awesome amps and uses that setup in a 4x12.

Ampaddict (Todd) uses this combo in his Mesa cabs and prefers it for pretty much everything he does. I think it has the perfect amount of cut and presence, and that good old 12-65 chewiness and smoothness. :rock:

glassjaw7":1fus7tr8 said:
Ampaddict (Todd) uses this combo in his Mesa cabs and prefers it for pretty much everything he does. I think it has the perfect amount of cut and presence, and that good old 12-65 chewiness and smoothness. :rock:

Yeah, that's good way to describe it; I think it's a pretty balanced combination of speakers. V30's by themselves can be a bit too harsh, and the G12-65s are almost a bit too oval sounding without enough high-end cut. they complement each other well.

Another good combo is a Scumback M75 65 watt and a V30. For a 4x12, all you really need is just 1x V30 with the M75 Scums. A Weber Ceramic Cali also mixes well with greenbacks, esp if you're going more for an early VH vibe...seriously though, Todd's clips are the best example you'll get of how the G12-65/V30 speaker combo sounds. I think there's a few clips he does with some old Marshalls, Jose modded marshalls through a Mesa 4x12 with G12-65s/V30s and then through an old Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks, so you can get a pretty good idea of what the cab/speakers are contributing to the amps core tone....hope that helps.

Hi guys! Where are the 65/V30 clips? I have been using broekn in V30s/T75s and they mix well but am thinking of switching to V30/G1265 if it is thicker! Any thoughts on the two compared to each other?

Back