Having a couple of issues with Captor X.

leedavis

I just got this today and so far I've gotten it to work, but I don't think it's working through the VST. I can only modify the sound by adjusting presets, but if I try to move a microphone or select a different cabinet or microphone it does not change the sound at all. I also don't see any signal coming into the program.

The other issue I'm having is pairing my device with my phone.

When I open the app on my phone it says, "Pair and connect." I press that button and then it asks for a password. There is a 8 digit serial number on the bottom of the captor x. It's a mixture of letters and numbers. I don't know if I should post what it is, so I'll just make it up so I can explain.

Fake serial code is: 12ABC345

The prompt says, "Pair with Torpedo Captor X 12ABC?"

Then there's a blank spot for me to enter something. I remember that it said something the first time I looked at it, but it didn't seem right so I was looking at it more closely and then the pop-up prompt that had me entering the serial code disappeared before I could enter anything.

Under it, it says "Usually 0000 or 1234" Then there is a check box which says, "PIN contains letters or symbols" which is unchecked. Finally at the bottom it says, "You may also need to type this PIN on the other device."

This prompt pops up every time I open the app, but I don't know what to enter. I've tried entering 0000, 1234, the last three characters, the last 4 characters, the first 4 characters. I thought it said something about four characters. IDK.

Please help.

Hello.

The pairing of your phone with the Captor X is only done through the app Torpedo Wireless Remote. It must not be done through the OS of your phone via the bluetooth menu. Please unpair your Captor X from the OS of your phone, and start again by first opening the Remote app. Follow the instructions on the screen.
The pin code is 000 and the last 3 digits of your serial number.

If you still keep having issues please submit a ticket on the Two notes Helpdesk . you can do it through the app. It will be much easier to provide assistance through our regular ticketing system than through Rig Talk (as we will need the logfile of the app).

I don't think it's working through the VST. I can only modify the sound by adjusting presets, but if I try to move a microphone or select a different cabinet or microphone it does not change the sound at all. I also don't see any signal coming into the program.
Torpedo Remote is not a VST plugin. Wall of Sound is the plugin but it does not interact with any Torpedo hardware. To edit any parameter of your Captor X and hear changes in the sound, you need to use Torpedo Remote.

Okay... so I figured out why it wasn't working in the DAW. It's because I'm dumb and didn't turn on the monitor through the DAW.

I'll try the 000 last three digits thing now. Thank you.

Torpedo Remote is not a VST plugin. Wall of Sound is the plugin but it does not interact with any Torpedo hardware. To edit any parameter of your Captor X and hear changes in the sound, you need to use Torpedo Remote.

You can use WoS on your interface's audio input through your DAW and edit your sound pre-mix if you enable the VST on the track you're loaded through and turn the monitor on in the In's master. Granted it's not the hardware that's changing, but you can hear changes in sound through the VST... UNLESS I'm overlooking something.

Hello Lee.

You can also use WoS in your DAW to add cabinet simulation to your dry amp sound provided by the Captor X. WoS is independent from the Captor X in terms of editing the sound and parameters.

Back