Help: Diezel Einstein, G Major, Relay Switcher

Zaman

I wanted to post this in the Diezel forum but I couldn't see any of the amp specific forums for some reason.

Here's a diagram of my setup:

Diezeldiagram.jpg

As you can see:

I've got the G Major's relay jack connected via stereo TRS cable to the Einstein's custom footswitch mod jack.
I've got a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher plugged into the standard channel switching jack on the Einstein.
I've got the Midi controller connected to the G Major.

I can program presets utilizing relays 1 and 2 on the G Major to switch between the 3 modes on Channel 1 (Clean, Texas and Mega).

I can push the button on the Voodoo Labs control switcher to switch from Channel 1 to 2.

How do I bring it all together and have a preset in the G Major to utilize one of the 3 modes AND tell the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher to switch to channel 1? Do I use the Midi thru on the G-Major?

Please help. I'm almost there after a lot of work. Time is of the essence and I need to get this working soon. Thank you!

Yeah, if you´re just using the Voodoo and the G-Major you can go MIDI-thru from the G-Major to the Voodoo.

I never knew there was a mod for making the three modes remote switchable on the Einstein. Pretty cool. I seem to remember that there is a pretty noticeable jump in volume between the modes, though, but maybe it isn´t as bad as I remember.

I am not 100% on this, since I have never used the Voodoolab control switcher before, but according to your diagram, all you need to do is run a midi cable from the gmajor 2 midi out to the control switcher midi in. You will then need to find out what channel the control switcher responds to which should be listed in the manual ( and possibly change it if it overlaps with the gmajor 2). Then with the foot controller, your 2 devices will be the control switcher and the Gmajor 2.

Hope this helps. What midi foot controller are you using?

I have a Behringer FCB-1010 UNO, but its not hooked up yet.

If I use the MIDI through from the Relay switcher to the G-Major how does the G-Major know to tell the Relay switcher to switch via MIDI? How do you program a preset to do that?

Zaman":sqyrs3hn said:
I have a Behringer FCB-1010 UNO, but its not hooked up yet.

If I use the MIDI through from the Relay switcher to the G-Major how does the G-Major know to tell the Relay switcher to switch via MIDI? How do you program a preset to do that?

I use the gcx not the behringer but for me I set the midi channel for the devices (each device needs its own channel) ( example in your case would be channel 16 for gmajor and channel 15 for control switcher). You then look up the CC messages for what you want to do. For example to program patch #1 on the behringer footswitch. Lets say you want to activate channel 2 on the diezel. You look up what cc triggers channel 2 on the diezel ( for example it might be CC50, but you will need to read manual, but it is written down somewhere) and you set your gmajor patch to a cc (could be CC20 for a reverb/delay patch). So you set the behringer to CC50 on channel 15 and CC20 on channel 15. the CC should correspond to functions/presets on the devices and the midi channel corresponds to the specific devices. Please note devices will usually have a specific midi channel by factory default so you will have to make sure they are all different.

Hope this helps

Just did a little research for you. I admit i dont have all the answers since i use a different unit.
http://www.behringer.com/assets/FCB1010_P0089_M_EN.pdf that is the manual for what you have.

2.2.2 on pg7 is what appears to be how to set the midi channel for the devices.

Coincidently after some googling, I found this. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Behringer_ ... th_G-Major
That should get you atleast started with the gmajor setup. The most important part is this
"There are two features in the MIDI/IO Menu on the G-Major that will enable your FCB1010 (or other controllers) to communicate with your G-Major.
1. MIDI Channel: First and foremost, the G-Major has to be able to communicate with the FCB1010 Controller. You can change the MIDI Channel that the FCB1010 is sending MIDI data on as long as you set the G-Major to the same channel in the as the G-Major. Personally, I would simply set the G-Major's MIDI channel to 'OMNI' which will receive everything you send it. This way, you can accidentally change the MIDI channel on the FCB1010 (or any other controller) and it'll still respond to MIDI commands.
2. MIDI Program Change: This MUST also be turned on for the G-Major to respond to external controllers (FCB1010). A lot of people miss this step. At this point, you should be able to change presets on the G-Major with your FCB Controller. Make sure this is working before you proceed any further.
CHANGING PRESETS: In the MIDI/UTIL Menu on the G-Major, there is a Program Bank option that allows you to determine which bank of presets you wish to use. There are 100 Factory presets in the G-Major. These CAN NOT be edited! User presets are blank and can be edited and saved for future use. If you want to make changes to a factory preset, you can edit it, then save it to a User preset. The G-Major allows you to select presets within either the Factory presets, User presets, or both. Here are the options as they show up in the G-Major's MIDI/UTIL Program Bank menu"
Except for some of the more complicated stuff, that should be all you need to get basic functionality out of the gmajor.

the manual for the control switcher is here. http://voodoolab.com/manuals/control_sw ... manual.pdf
about 4/5 of the way down is the midi channel instructions.
the default is channel 1, meaning it is factory preset to midi channel 1.
2 pages after that is where it discusses how to set the CC it will use.

Again hope this helps.

Back