Help speaker replacement

Matte23

I'm proud owner of a VHT Pittbull 50/12 1x12 combo, tha amp sounds amazing in genersal but It has the stock speaker (VHT G100E) and when I play with the drive channel with the edge button or the boost button activated, the speaker sounds very fizzy in the high freq; I've tried to play only with external cab (greenbacks) the amp is much nicer and progressive in the high freq and not so brutal and fizzy.
If I replace the stock speaker with a creambak g12-65 with 97db of sensivity and less watt can i solve this problem? The problem is the sensivity of the stock speaker or the high wattage?

Thank you so much
Bye

I'm proud owner of a VHT Pittbull 50/12 1x12 combo, tha amp sounds amazing in genersal but It has the stock speaker (VHT G100E) and when I play with the drive channel with the edge button or the boost button activated, the speaker sounds very fizzy in the high freq; I've tried to play only with external cab (greenbacks) the amp is much nicer and progressive in the high freq and not so brutal and fizzy.
If I replace the stock speaker with a creambak g12-65 with 97db of sensivity and less watt can i solve this problem? The problem is the sensivity of the stock speaker or the high wattage?

Thank you so much
Bye

Steven Fryette has a cool show on YouTube called the Malcontents, and they have a live chat. Usually they're imbibing libations for sensations and give spirited, thoughtful and helpful responses to questions. Check out how he spoke of V30's when I asked him! If anyone would have the good word for you, it's Steve!

If you like the Greenback vibe. I think the Celestion Redback would be a good candidate. It has a Greenback flavor with the highs rolled off some. The higher wattage Scumback varient might be a good fit as well.

If you like the Greenback vibe. I think the Celestion Redback would be a good candidate. It has a Greenback flavor with the highs rolled off some. The higher wattage Scumback varient might be a good fit as well.
Yes It is the same model Dave Friedman suggests to me, he says the Creamback gives him some problem in open combo

Back