Help with pickup selection for super strat

Akira69

hey all need some help. Have a aldar body suhr and trying in find a good metal pickup. So far best is jb but has poor low end and is bright. Was thinking sh-14. problem is i like the feel of alninco rather then ceramic. all lace pickup ls i try are too bright and lacking body.

Try a Tone Nerd Psykes. It's a great sounding/feeling clone of a Shaw era Dirty Fingers. Great for a brighter Alder SS. Or a Duncan Custom, those also sound great in my Charvels(also Alder). But the Tone Nerd stuff is a step up IMO.

hey all need some help. Have a aldar body suhr and trying in find a good metal pickup. So far best is jb but has poor low end and is bright. Was thinking sh-14. problem is i like the feel of alninco rather then ceramic. all lace pickup ls i try are too bright and lacking body.
custom 5. threw one into my alder bodied dk2 and was floored by how it sounded. It also has a maple neck and rosewood board for all the wood combinations. People complain about them being mid scooped but I just love it.

I love the SH-5. Not super high output but is perfect for high gain stuff. Super well balanced and lets the amp the the guitar shine. I also love the Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt. Basically a super well built high end JB.

Back