Henning "M-80 Ordnance Metal Mid Boost" pedal demo

JerEvil

Here's a vid on the boost from Steve. I am fairly certain these are ready for production. The one I used is a prototype, but the only difference is having artwork on it! LOL!

Playthrough starts at about the 1:05 mark. Full mix at about the 5:09 mark.

Interesting pedal!
I wonder how it compares to a 808 or TS
I’ll do a shootout once I get one back in... I sent Steve the prototype back but I should be getting of the production ones in soon. I literally got my first TS about 2 months ago. I’ve had a ton of variants but never an actual TS.

I wonder what settings on the Ultra Hype Mid Boost would be close to those fixed settings. Just to try it out.

I wonder what settings on the Ultra Hype Mid Boost would be close to those fixed settings. Just to try it out.
Steve posted this elsewhere which should be in the ballpark

uhmb_upd_15.jpg

But why? The best part of the Standout is having the ability to adjust the high and low pass filters. I want my settings, not what someone else things I should like...
Sometimes a 1 or 2 knob pedal is all you need. I just got my boost from Steve last week and it’s amazing. I do have some VFE stuff and although it’s lots of options I find them somewhat time consuming to REALLY dial it in. Being said VFE products are amazing and I love them for the options, that’s part of what makes them VFE. Steve told me the fixed values are set in a way that would compliment the high gain low tunings and that’s exactly what you get. It’s just, different... and that’s cool.

Sometimes a 1 or 2 knob pedal is all you need. I just got my boost from Steve last week and it’s amazing. I do have some VFE stuff and although it’s lots of options I find them somewhat time consuming to REALLY dial it in. Being said VFE products are amazing and I love them for the options, that’s part of what makes them VFE. Steve told me the fixed values are set in a way that would compliment the high gain low tunings and that’s exactly what you get. It’s just, different... and that’s cool.
Gotcha. I actually use the standout with multiple amps so I want the versatility. ?

I used a standout as my main boost before getting a Duality Drive. I'm thinking about getting one of these just to have without paying another stupid price. I overpaid on the standout so much that I tried to sell at a loss and people thought I was price gouging

Also I think Steve said he as isn't doing the Standout any longer. Hence the Ordinance.
Yeah pretty sure his Hyper Mid Boost was a limited thing.
I live the simple controls on the Ordnance personally. It reminds me a bit of the Airis Tight Pre which is one of my all time favorite boosts.

Back