Herbert love + MIDI CCs

Me

Hello!

I was recording with my Herbert this weekend for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten just how epic and fat this thing sounds recorded as I haven't really had any proper new tunes for ages and recently for rough demos I tend to use my Bogner to record ('cuz the Diezel lives nearer the front door to take out to practice/gigs). Every time I listen back to that song since, I get a big silly grin. I still love this amp and the novelty doesn't wear off even after owning it for 12 years. :D

In other thoughts: I just got another new smaller MIDI controller (RJM MMLT). Was just pondering if later MIDI ever gained CCs to set channels or turn mid-cut/loops/vol 2 functions on/off? It's not a show stopper doing everything with PCs, but CCs would be handy and make some things on the RJM Mastermind easier to work with. Googling seemed to give a very old "yes", seemingly followed by not anymore. Did someone do a custom chip with CC control, or did that never get anywhere? I don't have *that* much of a problem without, but I'd pay money for CC support for ease of use with controller programming. I control my Bogner with an RJM amp gizmo, which again I'm largely using presets for, but being able to also switch stuff like it's gain boost on/off with CCs, while leaving the current channel/fx loop/etc alone, is damn handy. Obviously that has no MIDI at all without the amp gizmo though, so the Diezel still wins out the box! But if I could just have a MIDI CC toggle for vol.2 boost on/off would be super useful without having to use more presets and keep track of which presets are which.

Back