Herbert main fuse problem - solved

Rødskjegg

Last Saturday I did a gig with my Herbert when it suddenly died on me. So after a while I discovered the main fuse was blown and replaced it with the spare one, which blew immediately after turning on the amp.
Today during rehearsal I removed all of the powertubes, replaced the fuse and turned the amp on, no dice... the fuse blew once again.

Any ideas?

All the other fuses are ok?
I don't know Herbert but vh4 has i remember 2 or 3 fuses inside.
Just my 2 cents...but Diezel Staff tomorrow i'm sure will help. ;)

So the amp blows the mains fuse without the power tubes being plugged in?

If you have another mains spare: unplug the preamp tubes too and please report if the fuse stays alive.

Thanks.

If it also blows: send it to Peter.

I just pulled all of preamp tubes and the fuse blows right away. I'll send Peter an email to ask for details to send it to him.

hey guys
any solution?
my friend's Vh4 has exactly the same problem
shipping it from brazil to germany would be probably over $1000 (much more than from germany to brazil), not to mention shipping it back and the 60% import tax (the customs already caught it once) :aww:

ericsabbath":12roms1v said:
hey guys
any solution?
shipping it from brazil to germany would be probably over $1000 (much more than from germany to brazil), not to mention shipping it back and the 60% import tax (the customs already caught it once) :aww:

No techs in Brazil to make a simple repair on a tube amp ?
I would support them via email

Peter Diezel":202sll2y said:
ericsabbath":202sll2y said:
hey guys
any solution?

No techs in Brazil to make a simple repair on a tube amp ?
I would support them via email

hey Peter
thanks for your support :thumbsup:
there are some good guys, but there's also a lot of smart asses that may try to charge other unnecessary services before even identifying the problem (I've seen some guys that had stock Mesa and Fender transformers swapped for cheap ones unnecessarily by some dishonest guy that charges a fortune for it and then keep the expensive brand transformers for himself)
my bandmate is a very good amp tech and could probably handle the problem, but the amp is in a distant state and he's in a trip right now
the owner would like to know the probable cause before taking it to some local tech

A little update on this one.
Peter told me there was a problem with the main transformer because of heat problems and fixed the issue.

I like to add that the Diezel support is superb!
Peter suggested different tubes and fixed some muddyness in the amp. He also tried to call me but I didn't have my phone on me so I couldn't answer his call, he then emailed me with the details.

So anyone claiming Diezel support is bad can shove it up the proverbial place with no sunshine!

Thank You so much.

The amp was sent on Thuesday, but national holidays today.
It should arrive at the end of this week.

Back