He's at it again!!!!

Muuucch better with the gain!! Thats what I would have expected in his first clip...

My comment on his 1st vid I said the gain was way too much for VH and it didnt make sense why he would settle for that.
Most of you guys said it was close enough and was great.didnt matter..etc. Let me clarify what I meant...

This guy reminds me of an artist. Did tons of research and really got a lot of the little details most guys would miss. This is the type of guy who aint looking for close or good enough!! This guy went the extra mile and then some to try and duplicate Eddies technique and sound. Thats dedication!! I hate to hear its good enough when I am seriously chasing tone. When I was younger I spent months trying to get so and so's sound exact and close enough sucked!! LOL!! Nowadays I am fine with close enough and put much more emphasis on my own tone, but guys who put so much effort into something like this dont want close. My comments were never meant to slight anyone or anything. Carry on......

Man that sounds tasty. I know it is a one trick pony but damn is it a great trick.

PS it sounds like I am listening to iso tracks of the album. Insane. Interesting about the compression from the wireless too. hmmm, gentle push from compression. Jhonny Demarco has been right all these years!! lol.

Last edited:
I liked what he said about narrowing that album down as being the first recorded example of 12301 being modded with the fat cap.

When Dave Friedman, John Suhr, and others have mentioned that the amp was essentially stock, I always assumed they were referring to the fat cap, otherwise they would’ve said “100% stock”. That part was put in the amp at some point, but I hadn’t previously heard anyone speculate when that would’ve happened until now.

Cool video. I've never tried 71v, might have to try that.

And I agree with the sentiment at the end...just skip to Fair Warning for the next deep dive.

Back