Hi guys I hope you are all doing well...a little video for ya.

This sound incredible as usual man! Love your playing and how you dial in your Axe tones. Cheers and hope the stay at home order lifts soon.

Sounds great Mark, I see you've got your fingers back!
Nice backups too. Is your drummer using the internal sounds on the edrums or a outside program?
Any idea?
They seemed really responsive, stuff like that shuffle Porcaro does in that song doesn't always translate well on my V drum/SD3 program. Might be the old V pads, they have been hammered for a very long time. His stuff looks fairly new.
Good to see you doing music again brother. :cheers:

Geez Mark, you don't F around, brother.

Not exactly the easiest Toto song to tackle, and I agree, a real beauty and superbly-done. :rock:

I'm bettin', based on your liking this track, that White Sister and Gift with a Golden Gun are right up there for you too.

Last edited:
Geez Mark, you don't F around, brother.

Not exactly the easiest Toto song to tackle, and I agree, a real beauty and superbly-done. :rock:

I'm bettin', based on your liking this track, that White Sister and Gift with a Golden Gun are right up there for you too.
Thanks so much. I'm a huge Luke/Toto fan. White Sister, Gift, anything from Isolation, Home of the Brave, Girl Goodbye, Hydra, so many!!

Sounds great Mark, I see you've got your fingers back!
Nice backups too. Is your drummer using the internal sounds on the edrums or a outside program?
Any idea?
They seemed really responsive, stuff like that shuffle Porcaro does in that song doesn't always translate well on my V drum/SD3 program. Might be the old V pads, they have been hammered for a very long time. His stuff looks fairly new.
Good to see you doing music again brother. :cheers:
Thanks so much! Fingers are better than they were. LevoCarb seems to help a lot, the tremors are a pain in the butt. I feel pretty fortunate that I can still play, that's for sure.

Roy said he used Superior Drummer 3. His kit is pretty new for sure, just a few months.

Thanks so much. I'm a huge Luke/Toto fan. White Sister, Gift, anything from Isolation, Home of the Brave, Girl Goodbye, Hydra, so many!!
I've had the same problem, Mark... since 1978.

I love so many songs from the early Toto "eras". The post-'80s stuff unfortunately gradually loses its "classic" status to my ears and mind. Maybe it's because I'm old-school. Even during the first 3 phases as I think of them...

1) The refined rawness and "simplicity" of Toto, Hydra and Turn Back.
2) The more-polished-and-complex intermediate stage of Toto IV.
3) The '80s / more-synthesised / "LA" sounds of Isolation, Farenheit and The Seventh One.

... I find that the magic slowly dwindles along the timeline, and once we go beyond those first 7 albums / 3 phases, my passion for it drops off a Helluva lot. There are individual-track exceptions of course, but that's the general rule, unfortunately, for this avid fan since 1978. It's my all-time-favourite pop-rock band and has been for 43 years so I don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm saying all this 'cause the songs you singled out fell into those first 3 phases, mostly phase 1, which is my favourite. :cheers: :rock:

Last edited:
Really good video. You guys are great. Everything from the vocal melodies, instrument playing and video editing.

Love Lukather. To this day I still think the vector SL is one of the coolest pieces of gear made.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy. This Covid stuff is crazy. We are in a stay at home order in my part of Canada so the guys in my band thought we would do a distanced recording of my favorite Toto tune. I love Lukather's solo in this song. Stay well guys!!

MARK!!!!!! Fkn great to see ya still hanging around these parts man!! Great little tune ya pulled together - ya man, it's all about FLAC files and DAWs lately innit?!?! No matter what, keep on rocking... I'm digging into some heavily homemade EDM / acid house biz. Loving the learning curve, loving the vibe...but - always gotta take a break from the screen and pick up the fiddle to clear the grey matter.

Good to see you well, Holmes!! Keep it that way :2thumbsup:
Mojo

(great endoresment for the new KRK Rokits too :p, even though I'm a Yamaha HS7/8 cat, couldn't help but "notice" the KRKs)

Back