Hondo II les pauls

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
found a "natural" custom style...70's model with bolt on neck. Made by Samik in Korea. Bound ash body and maple neck and board with black block inlays. Anybody ever play one? Hit or pass?

that was my first guitar also!

freshman year in high school. poor as dirt.
Joined FFA
Borrowed money from parents to purchase a pig and feed
raised it, auctioned it. paid my parent back. I had JUST enough to grab one

I played it religiously for two years. learned a TON of songs on it. I have a soft spot in my heart for Hondo.

found a "natural" custom style...70's model with bolt on neck. Made by Samik in Korea. Bound ash body and maple neck and board with black block inlays. Anybody ever play one? Hit or pass?
Bolt on or set neck?
Check the pickuos, the better ones had Dimarzios.
Those pickups are kickass

A few are a bit better than "OK" and a bunch are not so great; like "real" "lawsuit-era" Ibanez.

It’s 50 bucks….think guy sold it already just waiting to hear back. Not plywood but actual ash and maple. If I get it I will rewire it and put a set of Scott’s specials in it…

It’s 50 bucks….think guy sold it already just waiting to hear back. Not plywood but actual ash and maple. If I get it I will rewire it and put a set of Scott’s specials in it…
If it’s solid and not laminate then get it.
I’ve had an old laminate hondo for decades and it’s still a good playing guitar.

that was my first guitar also!

freshman year in high school. poor as dirt.
Joined FFA
Borrowed money from parents to purchase a pig and feed
raised it, auctioned it. paid my parent back. I had JUST enough to grab one

I played it religiously for two years. learned a TON of songs on it. I have a soft spot in my heart for Hondo.
I did the same thing, except I raise a Lamb. I made enough money off that thing to buy a bass I was wanting at the time, dont remember which though. LOL

I did the same thing, except I raise a Lamb. I made enough money off that thing to buy a bass I was wanting at the time, dont remember which though. LOL
man I did that all through high school.

freshman - hondo II
sophomore - peavey classis 2x12
Junior- POS Bently series 10 charvel copy
Senior- Ibanez Tube Screamer, 2 ounces of weed and a about ten coors light beer balls!

man I did that all through high school.

freshman - hondo II
sophomore - peavey classis 2x12
Junior- POS Bently series 10 charvel copy
Senior- Ibanez Tube Screamer, 2 ounces of weed and a about ten coors light beer balls!
yeah, I only did it the one year. The long haired metal guy wasn't looked upon in the best light. LOL

Have a 70s MIJ ( or so they said ) Les Paul with a bolton neck, thin neck and the frets are more like those of a "fretless wonder" Gibson. Pretty good guitar for the $200 I paid for it.

yeah, I only did it the one year. The long haired metal guy wasn't looked upon in the best light. LOL
dude... the FFA livestock auction was literally the day after my first concert. Iron Maiden and Wasp. I wore a my powerslave jersey haha.. now I know why I did not get grand champion haha...

Hondo was the bottom feeder. Electra, Aria and several others came out of the Matsumoku or Fugigen factories. I love my old school cheap guitars. Never played a Hondo that was worth a shit.

Back