Hopkins AXIS 5 Stage Modified Marshall JMP 2203

NewReligion

Hopkins AXIS 5 Stage Modified Marshall JMP 2203.

Modified to add the feel most of us are addicted to with the compression of a TS9 or Boss SD-1. But with out the added hiss & loss of low end.

Guitar plugged straight in. Loop supplied by Jason Tong & a shout out to my Brother Shea Monomyth

David ♫

Last edited:
Sounds great but it seems scooped out, what did you have the mids and bass set to?

I tell you what, it’s really hard to beat an SD-1 in front of a Marshall. All of my vids have one on at all times and it just delivers.

Sounds great but it seems scooped out, what did you have the mids and bass set to?

I tell you what, it’s really hard to beat an SD-1 in front of a Marshall. All of my vids have one on at all times and it just delivers.
Hello glpg80

The Mids are on 5 & Bass on 10.

I used a Boss OD-1 and 2204 in early 80’s but soon learned that the SD-1 through a Marshall 2205/2210 was much more to my liking.

I played and recorded with that setup for decades until I started modifying amps.

I want all of the compression and on the edge tone without the hiss & loss of low end most over drive pedals result in.

Thanks for listening and the feedback.

David

Thank you.

All about doing what is needed to do the job. Can it be over done? Sure. But this is where I wanted it to be.

Thanks for posting.

David
I have been 3 and 4 stage preamps. I think it is time to add a stage. I notice a lot of builders and modders and headed in this direction. Sounds good David!

Sounds good. In the beginning it seemed overly compressed, but once my ears got use to it, I liked it. I liked hearing you turn off the delay as well.

I mean this in the nicest way possible when I say it... there are times where you strum excessively hard marking the chords sound really off. Especially the low E. It's like nails on a chalk board for me. :LOL:

Back