How about guitar duels?

DanishDon

Banned
What do you think about hosting a weekly guitar duel?
We post a backing track at beginning of the week and then who wants to participant records something over it and posts it in the thread.
On Friday evening we seal the thread and post a poll.
Over the weekend people can vote their favorite.
The winner gets to choose the backing track for the next week and if the forum code allows it he gets a flair or a badge with the total number of wins.

??

I'm your
1697140273206.jpeg

...Say when

We had that option on a private GF I was a part of. Very popular in the beginning but as it progressed it became apparent that about 3 guys were awesome and the rest were also-rans…interest waned quickly.

We had that option on a private GF I was a part of. Very popular in the beginning but as it progressed it became apparent that about 3 guys were awesome and the rest were also-rans…interest waned quickly.
Thought about that so maybe a winner can't win twice in a row. So the next in row gets to choose their favorite track. Or otherwise the winner can't participate in the next round.

Same with one I participated in years back. Vast majority of forum guitarists may be pretty damn good but can quickly be put in our place by some basement dwelling Shawn Tubbs doppelganger. And it sucks when it happens online with all your day to day buds watching. :ROFLMAO:

Back