How could they have done this (Mesa content)

TheGreatGreen

Official photo of the Dual Rectifier on Mesa's site.

55t9mIJ.png

0LDFcJS.png

They changed the tolex to... *gags* bronco.

Last edited:
I like the bronco honestly

I think it looks great on Marshalls for sure, and it doesn't ruin the look of the Mesas by any means either, but man to me the Taurus just looks so much smoother and I think more "bespoke amp made by a small shop" maybe, which sounds weird I guess but to me it fits more with the "boutique" vibe Mesa has always kind of had, even though they're not really boutique in the true sense anymore.

Last edited:
When the mark VII came out and it was in bronco, I figured it was slightly cheaper than taurus and that the entire line would be switched over to bronco to please the bean counters at Gibson. A Rectifier in black bronco just looks wrong. Obviously makes no functional difference but the taurus just looks more high-end and stood out from all the other amp makers using generic black bronco.

Everyone has been joking around about the "Pre-Gibson" Mesa thing. It's going to be real.
It's definitely real. Mesa stuff IME hasn't come down quite like other gear in the current market and models that never got much love are suddenly getting hype--a few years ago, any recto newer than a Rev F was unworthy, and now people are gushing over rev Gs and you even have guys like Fluff hyping the very early 3-channel revisions. I kinda hope that keeps up because I have a 3-channel rev C+ that I'd be glad to move for a profit, lol...

Technically every stock Recto covering since the original leather bound ones has been a downgrade.

Back