How do the EVH Celestions sound?

DEWD

You know the ones in the EVH 5150 III cab. How do they compare to V30's/H30's/CL80's?

I played one awhile ago with a 5150 III head but I forgot what it sounds like. :doh:

donbarzini":33d0mz2s said:
DEWD":33d0mz2s said:
You know the ones in the EVH 5150 III cab. How do they compare to V30's/H30's/CL80's?

I played one awhile ago with a 5150 III head but I forgot what it sounds like. :doh:

they are just the same as Celestion G12M Heritage Greenbacks

Okay....how do the G12M Heritage Greenbacks sound? :D

Yup, what the don said ^^^^ I like them alot. For super high gain they might not be my first choice. I actually mix them with the regular G12m gb's and like that combo alot. I thought I'd just try it one day and liked it so, that's how that cab stays.

donbarzini":3ej8qjdk said:
DEWD":3ej8qjdk said:
donbarzini":3ej8qjdk said:
DEWD":3ej8qjdk said:

they are just the same as Celestion G12M Heritage Greenbacks

Okay....how do the G12M Heritage Greenbacks sound? :D

Have you ever heard or played a greenback speaker? They all basically have the same characteristics, low efficiency, those heritage ones are 97db so they are quiet and break up sooner. They are warm, spongy, middy, not very tight in the low end, you can work with that though. I don't like them with high gain but they are great with NMV Marshall type amplifiers due to the speaker break-up characteristics and the low efficiency.

Thanks! Doesn't sound like my cup of tea so I'll keep looking. That description makes me wonder why EVH likes them w/ all of the gain he plays with. :confused:

I do remember when I played the 5150III cab I also played a Bogner Uber cab w/ the same amp and the Bogner was a lot bigger sounding.

Interesting. Any idea how they compare to the Splawn small blocks? I've read those are similar to the heritage but tighter and deeper .:emofag: :emofag:

DEWD":l5fo2v7x said:
Thanks! Doesn't sound like my cup of tea so I'll keep looking. That description makes me wonder why EVH likes them w/ all of the gain he plays with. :confused:

Actually EVH doesn't use so much gain. His gain is in the fingers :thumbsup:

I dunno, the 5150III and matching cab with the volume up a bit sounds BADASS! Can't imagine that cab sucking if it was paired with another high gain amp.

Back