How hot should Einstein combo get?

badgergman

Hi.

Just wondered how hot Einstein should get. I have noticed that after a 2 hour show he is running pretty wild!! Not alarmingly, theres no smoke :D , but its still very hot...

Serial number is 004 3/13, it has original Ruby EL34BHT in from March 2010. Amp was hardly used when I got it, bedroom use only, and has done 30-40 gigs since.

Was planning on a retube at the end of this year, just don't want to be running something that may cause a meltdown.

Has no tonal issues at all.

Anyone tried the EL34 BG in Einstein? Any reports on having done so?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Regards

As ever thanks Peter for the exceptionally fast response.

I assumed as such, but with my. Heat rises of course, and projects straight forward like a rocket out of the speaker also.....

What about the EL34BG in Einstein? Marked difference?

The Einstein is running Hot & Wild because she is finally getting out of that bedroom of yours, Graham! :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers,

Jens Kruse

Hey Jens. yeah I see what you mean. I can keep my fingers warm on Einstein!!!

It was owned by another when it was being played at bedroom volume. Lucky me they decided to sell.

Within a week of owning it we were gigging. Its a busy amp now, and being used as it should be. I can't use it at home really, temptation to crank it is too strong!!!

Possibly the most inspirational musical purchase I ever made.

Its a beyond serious piece of equipment!!!

Love the Einer!!! :rock:

Bad news for tree huggers and Greenpeace members:

Graham hast just proven the fact that DIEZEL AMPS contribute to global warming, in a major way !

Arrest that man at once ! :gethim:

Back