How long does Mesa Boogie usually take (amp servicing)

anomaly

I sent my Mark IV to get serviced earlier this month and I have yet to get a phone call back about the amp? I'm just wondering how long do they usually take to repair old Mesa Boogie amplifiers?? What's been your experience? I'm thinking because it's been this long the amp must have a lot wrong with it?? Hopefully the bill ain't too big.

These days, expect a lot longer. Nearly every gear company is on a minimum 8-12 week wait, and that's MINIMUM.

These days, expect a lot longer. Nearly every gear company is on a minimum 8-12 week wait, and that's MINIMUM.
Really?? I had this done with my old Mark III about 5 years ago, and they took no time at all. They had it for like a week and a half and then shipped it back. It was like 3 weeks, there and back.

Really?? I had this done with my old Mark III about 5 years ago, and they took no time at all. They had it for like a week and a half and then shipped it back. It was like 3 weeks, there and back.
Yeah, 5 years ago there wasn't a global epidemic (better times) and also Mesa is literally at 100% total capacity for orders, or not even taking orders. Plus we are entering in the busiest time for any company (holidays). I would call them in another month if you don't hear anything back.

Yeah, 5 years ago there wasn't a global epidemic (better times) and also Mesa is literally at 100% total capacity for orders, or not even taking orders. Plus we are entering in the busiest time for any company (holidays). I would call them in another month if you don't hear anything back.
Damn, I was hoping I'd have the amp back before december. I hate being without that amp... my Katana just ain't cutting it.

Earlier in the year, I quickly got an email confirming they received the amp; about a month later I got the diagnosis of the problems (mine has some wonky issues, not just routine service), and the work was complete about four days later.

Before a few months ago, it was hardly worth sending in an old Mark for service unless if badly needed repair because it would end up costing half the value of the amp. Now these are expensive amps and the service is worth it, so I suspect they are crushed with them.

I think with Gibson buying them, many Boogie owners see the writing on the wall that Mike may be retiring sooner than later; and there’s been a flood of amps sent in for maintenance. He’s probably backed up a bit.

I received an email confirming receipt within a week after shipping it to them. It’s been about 7 weeks since, and just got a note saying it should be done soon. I’m not expecting it before year-end. I may be surprised, but, I know they’ve been slammed with RMA’s…. Can’t rush a good thing.

Electronics parts are seriously backordered and/or completely out of stock all over the place right now, and sometimes you have very little warning about what will and won't be available. Anything being serviced right now is going to require patience, unfortunately. I get it.

Earlier in the year, I quickly got an email confirming they received the amp; about a month later I got the diagnosis of the problems (mine has some wonky issues, not just routine service), and the work was complete about four days later.

Before a few months ago, it was hardly worth sending in an old Mark for service unless if badly needed repair because it would end up costing half the value of the amp. Now these are expensive amps and the service is worth it, so I suspect they are crushed with them.
Mine has what you'd call some seriously wonky issues to, haha. The problem lies in poweramp I think, and it's definitely not just tube related.

I've done this 3 times with old Mesa amps now (sending to Mesa for repair). Makes me miss my old solid state Randall's, those things never had reliability issues... worst thing that usually happens with them is a dirty effects loop jack, which is an easy fix.

Mine has what you'd call some seriously wonky issues to, haha. The problem lies in poweramp I think, and it's definitely not just tube related.

I've done this 3 times with old Mesa amps now (sending to Mesa for repair). Makes me miss my old solid state Randall's, those things never had reliability issues... worst thing that usually happens with them is a dirty effects loop jack, which is an easy fix.
Mine had some very loud ghost notes. Apparently had a bum power tube socket. One of the preamp tube sockets also was damaged, which apparently required pulling the entire board which Mike B did not enjoy.

I sent a bass head back to them earlier the year and round trip it was about 5 weeks with a week's worth of travel on either end. The shipping cost is the worst, but I trust them to do good work and they always do. It sucks being without whatever you've sent to them, but it's worth the wait.

Back