How loud do you play at home? Me? Very!

Pretty much a home player now, so to keep the neighbours happy its only about loud TV volumes.
Plus I'd like to avoid permanant hearing damage :yes:

Generally not too loud unless the band is over. I do crank it up once in a while depending on what the wife is up to.

psychodave":w8xkr304 said:
I use to play my Marshalls on 10.... and suffered the hearing damage. Nowadays, I mostly play at a little over TV volume. I only open up the amp once in a great while ;)

Your clips give the impression that the amps are real loud? They're not?

my bands practice space is in the spare room of my house on the second floor in the middle of a main road in my town, im sure everyone within a two block circle can hear us but i cant say i give a shit, having a band and the practice space being my house is way more important to me than getting along with my neighbors.

I'm a total volume whore, and most of the time at home i run my amps at near gigging levels haha :D It's not good for the ears, so a lot of the time i'll step out of the room so my ears don't get blasted.

I don't need to crank the volume to get the tone happening, but i find that i play better when i feel the speakers really pushing air :yes:

I usually get stuck with jamming through my g/f's vyper combo..
But when I am fortunate to be home for a few days and can play through my own amps a 50 and 100 watt heads either of them I usually turn up to 5 or 6 and play for a few hours..
That is probably to loud but I like to feel the 4x12's moving air when ever I can get the chance...

I usually play at the same stage volume I use when rehearsing with a band. Not super loud, but loud enough to hear over my brother who hits the drums harder than most drummers.

Marshall Law":301wfal6 said:
psychodave":301wfal6 said:
I use to play my Marshalls on 10.... and suffered the hearing damage. Nowadays, I mostly play at a little over TV volume. I only open up the amp once in a great while ;)
+1
+2, My hearing is now fairly useless for any frequencies above 16k hz.

I play pretty loud at home, but not dimed. Gig's aren't even as loud as I'd like, with everyone mic-ed through the board.

Rehearsal is where I really let it rip. Way too loud. I go home with my ears ringing every time, but it's a good feeling.

Seems an appropriate topic for my first post on R-T :rock:

Generally around 80-90dBA as measured with my meter. Its really hard to keep it below 85dBA, at least for me....

Huh? Loud definitely sounds better but trust me as I've gotten older I've found myself saying what's that, a lot more!

Back