How to build a Fortin 33 / TC Electronics Integrated Preamp

I got the triangulum board but haven't done it yet. Do we know if anyone has done the grind/33 into a vero? @vultures ?

I have a clone switchable from TC to 33. (Pepers Pedals Dirty Tree)

I FAR prefer the TC side the preset 33 tones are way too sharp/bright for my tastes.

The 33 volt/charge pump is great/dynamic.

I tossed an lme49710 in there and it’s glorious, though I still prefer Standout for most things as it gets way darker.

I've got a bag of many parts needed for the ChuggaPre build. Three RullyWow 3PDT Breakout Stomp PCBs, lots of resistors, a chickenhead knob, etc. No enclosure, main board, pots, ICs, caps, jacks.

I'll let the lot go for $6 shipped if anyone has use for them. Shoot me a message.

Really want to build both of these pedals but it looks like quite a few parts needed are sold out. Are there any alternatives?

really thx for this thread!
Same here some tayda parts and pcd are sold out.

I see there is a pack on musikding for this clone with the guitarpcb but no details about the
component used.

Do you think it should be ok?

I built a few of these clones that all have the same weirdness but only with some amps. ? maximum settings in volume and treble knob simultaneously actually lowers the volume a bit. Have to back off a little. It saps output or something.

Anyone else have odd things happen only at some settings and only with some amps with these “rullywow” PCB?

Circuit and components have been doubled checked. It’s the same across four different builds. I have other PCB for TC that don’t have this phenomenon.

I built a few of these clones that all have the same weirdness but only with some amps. ? maximum settings in volume and treble knob simultaneously actually lowers the volume a bit. Have to back off a little. It saps output or something.

Anyone else have odd things happen only at some settings and only with some amps with these “rullywow” PCB?

Circuit and components have been doubled checked. It’s the same across four different builds. I have other PCB for TC that don’t have this phenomenon.

I know this is an old thread, but this comment was so weird I had to comment! lol

This is so funny, because I noticed this also! I built a Rullywow ChuggahPre 3-4 years ago, and it does this, especially with my 5153. Crank treble and volume and it sounds broken and staticy. Any other setting is fine.

I was looking this up because I finished another PedalPCB version today with the Int. Pre / 33 / Grind options built in, and it does not do this weird treble thing, at least I haven't noticed it in my initial tests.

The part values are slightly different between the two version, so I guess that is why? I dunno. So weird though, as I noticed this also with my old one.

The Rullywow board didnt get the circuit quite right. I forget how they designed it, but I think it doesnt run enough voltage to get the headroom for the boost the circuit is capable of. The pedalpcb circuit got it perfect.

I know this is an old thread but has anyone thought of putting a built in gate in this pedal kinda like Horizion Devices Precision Drive?

Here is my first hack job.

Attachments

• IMG_9463.jpeg
    IMG_9463.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9462.jpeg
    IMG_9462.jpeg
    503.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9461.jpeg
    IMG_9461.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited: