How to connect a Two notes Cab M+ to a Fractal Axe-FX II?

fractalis

How would one connect a Two notes Torpedo Cab M+ to a Fractal Axe-FX II? Would like to use the power amp simulation with the Fractal. How would one make the connections between these two units for this to work?

Do not have a power amp, and already love the power amp sims, EQ options & ability to use your own IRs with the Cab M+. Yes, I know the Fractal has IRs built in, just want to try this with the CAB+, love the CAB M+ with my Diezel VH4 Preamp (1st edtion), the power amp sims are fantastic in my studio.

Sorry, can't ask this question in the Fractal forums, they would ban me, cry and flame me. Prefer the CAB M+ for power amp sims and using my own IRs, as this is a precious piece of gear for me. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Tried this, but will try this again; may have not connected the proper cables and disabled the proper settings. Maybe I got an instrument cable mixed up with a speaker cable and didn't disable amp simulation in in the Fractal in global settings; not sure. Thanks for your reply, appreciate you time and effort. Will report back if I get this to work. Find it hard to believe that no one has ever done this, as Two notes Torpedo CAB M+ power amp sims sound as good as a real power amp and you do not have to pay to buy new tubes; thus you save money. On a quest to get this to work. My apologies for the late reply. If anyone knows how to do this, or has done this before, please advise and any help is greatly appreciated.

The fractal does have an option to turn off the power amp simulation of any chosen model, if I remember correctly. That way it turns into a rackmout preamp and then you can use Two notes power amp simulation and cabinets. I use it this way with real tube preamps all the time. Two notes power amps seem to saturate harder than Fractal or real tube power amps, so for best results, I just turn back the volume a little lower than I would drive a tube amp.

Got this working. In global settings, you have the option to turn power amp modeling & cabinet modeling on or off. Tried this with CAB M+ and while running in mono, you have to set I/O Settings for mono as well. Now the tweaking and learning begins. The Captor X is the one to get for running in stereo. Thanks to those who replied, much appreciated.

There's a lot of tweaking involved with CAB M. My advice is take a break periodically, save a preset and step away from it for a couple of hours or so and then come back to that preset with fresh ears.

Will do. Get ear fatigue after a while, but love the possibilities to explore with the Fractal. Love brutal organic metal tones and ambient wash of cleans with delay & verb. The possibilities are endless and their are plenty of good presets that just need minimal tweaking. VladT, much peace and surprises to you on your musical adventures.

Back